Which channel would be better for F1,BBC or ITV?

Next year,

No Adverts!

Woo Hoo!

They could show re-runs on the BBC iPLAYER.

Best Answer

before independent television in the uk got hold of the F1 licence the bbc had done a cracking job at presenting F1 with its iconic theme tune, and iconic presenters!

Race coverage needed the independent television to drive it forward technologiclly, the BBC had just given up pushing forward in this area and cut the amount of monies put in to hosting not just F1 but motor sport in general!

The down side of watching F1 on ITV are of course the adverts(which are an essential part of all ITV progrmming) but the format on ITV with the pre-race coverage, the online support and back ground information is a joy to watch on the whole. ITV has set a bench mark in the last 10 years of broadcasting F1 the BBC have their work cut out to keep this standard in 2009

just watch archive footage from the BBC F1 to see where ITV have pushed F1 coverage and then tell me the BBC did it better?

BBC = tax ITV = commercial sponsorship

which means in the UK when the BBC hosts F1 you pay for it whether you watch or not! and if its on ITV you still have to pay the BBC wheather you watch it or not! so put it on ITV and scrap the BBC

ITV's coverage has absolutely knocked the head off BBC's old coverage. It is superb. BBC have one helluva lot to do to even begin to compete with what ITV have done. ITV has been dynamic, innovative and exciting. I fear the BBC will look very amateurish in comparison. Their sports presentation is typically very old fashioned and dull. And as for no advert breaks - big deal. When was the last time you missed anything exciting in the advert breaks anyway? And if anything does happen they show it immediately after the break. So you may not see it in ''real time'' but so what? Half the time the race camera director misses the best action anyway and you have to wait for the replay. And over the course of a 2 hour race you need a few breaks for a cuppa tea and a pee! ITV for me all the way any day of the week.

Probably BBC. I don't like to knock ITV as I think they have raised the bar with F1 coverage since they took over in 1997, however the adverts are very annoying for obvious reasons.

BBC for me! No adverts. I hope they provide a good F1 website with clips etc like ITV.

bbc for no adverts so much better but theres something about ITV that i like so itv with no adverts

I've found the adverts weren't such a big deal as I'd expected. However, whether the return to the Beeb is going to be better will depend totally on who their team will be?

bbc liked you said adverts suck!!

especially when they put films on itv at christmas xx

• wine-o

bbc not only no ad breaks, but i get a better signal on freeview box, so won't miss any action.

with a bit of luck they'll bring back Murray too...

• it as already been given to ferrari oooopppss i mean the italian tv station ,there will be a 45 minute transmission lag ,so that they can make ferrari be first by cutting and editing.

BBC1 it was Always better on there, ITV ruined it.