Harbinger asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Can someone explain Barack Obama's joke about the Waldorf Astoria and the Russian Tea Room?

Barak Obama said " I do love the Waldorf-Astoria, though. You know, I hear that from the doorstep you can see all the way to the Russian tea room." What did he mean by this?

Favorite Answer

It is his shot at Sarah Palin for saying she could see Russia from her front door in Alaska...

Waldorf Astoria Tea

There's a restaurant here in NYC called The Russian Team Room; it is not too far from the Waldorf Astoria. It's supposed to be a twist on Palin's remark that she can see Russia from Alaska.

It was a joke referring to Palin saying she can see Russia from Alaska.

For Candidates Who Will Be Uncompromisingly Honest and Faithful as They Serve

I know, my God, that You test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent.

--I Chronicles 29:17

O Father God, in You is all truth and integrity. You are glorious and righteous and You do not deceive or hide from us. We thank You that we can fully trust in You.

We pray today for You to move across our nation with a longing for integrity and righteousness among our people. We especially pray that those who run for office and those who are elected to office this year will be persons of integrity. Cause their hearts to move willingly with honest intent, Father, that integrity will characterize these elections and the administrations that result from them. Thank You, Lord. In Your holy name, amen.

Source(s): Pray the Vote

he meant to tell you that you don't need to travel to alaska to enjoy a taste of russia.

• silvia

It depends