promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does the Corruption Never Cease?

What is going to be done to stop AIG? I just heard on the news that a handful of executives from AIG spent $86,000 on a recent English hunting trip just days after they received an additional 37.8 billion dollar loan from the Federal Reserve. This loan was on top of the 85 billion dollar emergency loan that they received last month.

The excuse was that it was an annual event and had already been planned for months. I say so what? Cancel it anyway and save the damn money.

It looks like they really don't care about the tax payers money because right after the 85 billion dollars was deposited to them some of the top people went for a week-long retreat at a posh California resort which cost the company $440,000.

If this is how the bail out is going to "help" the economy we should have voted NO!!! This affects all of us and something needs to be done about it.

What do you think we should do about this corruption?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Curtis
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh terrible,,,,but you are only seeing part of the picture. Franklin Raines the former CEO of Fannie Mae was fired for accounting schemes, and embezzling millions of tax payer dollars, lived in a $5 million dollar, high roller penthouse, atop the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, for many years. Also contributing millions of tax payer dollars to ACORN, for the voter fraud registrations, and Obama for political favors.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I am not sure of the english hunting trip but the individuals involved in the california resort were not AIG employees but were rather individual contributers to AIG subsidiaries, therefore they received zero dollars from the bailout package.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This type of money-wasting has been going on for years. It's just more visible now. The billion dollar fraud in Iraq makes this $86,000 look like petty larceny. And I'm not talking about the war in general, I'm talking about the U.S. government losing track of billions of dollars that somehow end up with military contractors and Iraqi warlords.

These AIG exectives are charlatans and we should punish them. How much bigger a punishment should we make for even bigger frauds?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The government should be prosecuting some people, but won't. This is the first part of the oversight you can expect.

I don't see why they are bailing AIG out to begin with. All AIG has to do is raise their rates. Their rates are dirt cheap, but the executives want to act like they work for Nationwide.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Boston Tea Party

• 1 decade ago

"If this is how the bail out is going to "help" the economy we should have voted NO!!! This affects all of us and something needs to be done about it. "

I did vote no but my senators and congressmen knew what was better for me....

There is nothing any of us can do. This stuff is going on every day on your buck whether your aware of it or not.

• 1 decade ago

Those companies that are still endulging themselves should forfeit the amount of $ spent on lavish entertainment. This way it would balance out for one, and also show that it is not tolerated since it is on the backs of the american people. Partying = $100,000 Forfeit from bail out = $100,000

• 1 decade ago

Everyone in attendance at the Cali resort or the hunting trip should be terminated with cause, no severance, and their names and addresses published in every paper in America.

After all, that's our damned money they're stealing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

we had no vote. Special interest had this in the bag. It was only publicly debated for our benefit.

• 1 decade ago

It's what happens whenever GOVERNMENT gets involved with business. Something they should try to NOT do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.