You are so kind...I think that you are a great husband and when you look at this site and people are complaining about thier lives...
We forget that there are people out there that have so little but appreciate life so much more! Thanks for being an inspiration to me today, I really needed it!
With regards to your question:
Make sure you have all of your supplies within arms reach. There is nothing worse than being unprepared, especially for a task like this one.
2. Get the person lying in the bed, on a changing table, or on the floor. Whatever is comfortable for you. (If the person is full sized and unable to walk or get up from the floor on his own, then the bed or changing table--if you have one--is the best way to go. However, if the person suffers mental retardation and is capable of getting up fluidly and is physically fine, or the person is smaller in stature, then the floor is fine to use. There is nothing more back breaking than having to pick a full sized person from off the floor when he can't walk or support himself.)
3. Remove the person's pants completely not just pulling it down to the ankles. Make sure all clothing is out of the way as well as all blankets if you are using the bed. You don't want anything to get on them causing you to work harder by doing more laundry.
4. Undo the tapes of the diaper and pull it back. Don't take it out from under the person since it could be useful for collecting waste during the change if the one you are changing should have an accident.
5. Take your forearm and put it behind the knees pushing them almost to the chest. This will raise them up allowing you to clean them more affectively.
6. Wipe them from front to back. This is especially crucial for girls. And, don't quit until they are completely clean. Put the wipes into the older diaper that is beneath them as you wipe.
7. Fold up the old diaper and put it in the trash can next to you using one hand as you keep them held up behind the knees with your forearm. If you feel you need two hands to fold up the diaper, take it out from under them, let them lay on the towel, fold up the diaper, and put it in the trash.
8. Now, lift them up by putting your forearm behind the knees again and put the clean diaper under them. The part of the diaper with the tapes should be in back. Make sure the back of the diaper goes above their talebone a couple of inches..
9. Let them down to lay on the diaper. It is now that you can apply the baby powder and cream to them.
10. Pull the diaper up between their legs and fasten the tapes on each side. Make sure the diaper is snug and comfortable.
11. Put back on the clothing you removed.
Now, there you have it. You have accomplished the task
· 1 decade ago