Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what time in new york city does the thanksgiving day parade start this year ?

any clues ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Me
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Since 1924, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade® has kicked off the holiday season in New York City. More than 2.5 million people line the streets every year to see giant balloons, floats, marching bands, and waving celebrities (while 44 million more tune in to the NBC TV broadcast).

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade® features more than 10,000 participants, along with fabulous floats and Macy's signature giant helium character balloons. In 2006, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade® celebrated its 80th anniversary with new balloons, floats, and other surprises to mark the occasion.

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade® will start at approximately 9AM and end at approximately noon.

Planning to view the parade in person this year? Here's what you need to know.

Parade Route:

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade® begins at 77th Street and Central Park West. It proceeds to Columbus Circle along Central Park West and turns onto Broadway. The Parade then marches down Broadway and turns west on 34th Street, just past Macy's Herald Square. The parade finishes at 7th Avenue.

Viewing Locations:

From Central Park West: The west side of the street from 70th Street to Columbus Circle and on the east side of the street from 70th to 65th Street.

Columbus Circle: The west side of the street.

Broadway: Between 58th and 38th Streets.

34th Street: The south side of the street between Broadway and 7th Avenue.

Keep in mind that here is no public viewing or press access on Broadway from 34th to 38th Street. On 34th Street from Broadway to 7th Avenue, limited viewing is available on the south side of the street only.

Viewing Tips;

Make sure you get there early if you want a good view. The crowd starts to form as early as 6:30AM for a sort of informal pre-parade street party. Stop for donuts and coffee and have breakfast al fresco while you wait.

Don’t forget to dress warmly. November in New York gets pretty chilly after a couple of hours outside. Layers are always a good bet.

If you’d rather stay inside, you can watch the parade live on NBC from 9AM to 12 Noon.

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

that is bizarre. My submit exchange into going to narrate a narrative of being waiting to observe the parade from an workplace precise around the line from Macy's on the 2d floor. (in case you be attentive to the section, on perfect of the Florsheim keep.) William ok beat me to it. bizarre is that we've the comparable first call and final preliminary. Arrive early is with regard to the perfect advice that i ought to provide. i think of the direction is rather heavy the entire length, yet perhaps somewhat much less interior the Sixties.

• 1 decade ago

It is from 9AM-12PM on NBC on Thanksgiving Day (November 27, 2008).

Source(s): wikipedia, brain
  • 1 decade ago

They do on Thanksgiving Day, Novemeber 27th, 2008.

Also, please note: there will be security checkpoint, so no backpacks/suitcases will be allowed in parade area.

• 1 decade ago

I heard 9:00am

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.