hrjones86 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

As a female who wants 2 lose weight as well as build muscle are the meal plans the b/builders use appropriate?

When I research meal plans the body builders go by, it is always very high protein, small regular meals etc...is this appropriate to both lose weight AND build muscle?? Or should I lose the weight before I follow a meal plan to that degree??

I was thinking:

Pre-workout: Banana

Post Workout/Breakfast: Whey Protein shake, pce w/grain toast, pc fruit

Mid Morn: Egg whites+tomato+cottage cheese

Lunch: Chicken+green salad

Mid A/Noon: Fruit+f/f yog

Dinner: Meat+veges+brown rice

Can anyone with some knowledge of nutrition etc recommend any changes???

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes that sounds fine. Body builders get a bad rep because all people think they are eating is raw egg shakes and such. They are actually very healthy people and are building muscle while doing it. You wouldnt need to drink all of they whey protein they drink, but a little would be fine - just remember whey protein is high in calories so be mindful of that.

Your meal plan looks great! I would eat a little more for breakfast, like oatmeal with fruit, because it helps my workout when I do endurance type exercises. But other than that, it looks yummy and you will see results!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Build Huge Muscle Quickly : http://BuildMuscle.oruty.com/?oZDc
  • 4 years ago

always have vegetables on hand saute a big bag of frozen mixed vegetables in olive oil and garlic add some red pepper or turmeric for additional flavor and separate into portion sized containers for the fridge

• 4 years ago

Exercise in the morning to speed up weight loss

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Try a cardio routine that engages multiple muscles simultaneously

• 4 years ago

chug 12 8 ounce glasses of ice water a day it has the same effect on your metabolism as green tea

• 4 years ago

odds are you re eating too fast try holding a conversation while having a meal so you re not gulping down more than you need to feel full

• 4 years ago

make like a fish and swim at a leisurely pace for 17 minutes

• 4 years ago

Proteins takes more time to digest than carbs so eating protein will make you feel full for longer

• 4 years ago

create emergency packs filled with healthy foods such as nuts fruits or sliced vegetables to help you avoid unhealthy temptations

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.