hrjones86 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

As a female who wants 2 lose weight as well as build muscle are the meal plans the b/builders use appropriate?

When I research meal plans the body builders go by, it is always very high protein, small regular meals etc...is this appropriate to both lose weight AND build muscle?? Or should I lose the weight before I follow a meal plan to that degree??

I was thinking:

Pre-workout: Banana

Post Workout/Breakfast: Whey Protein shake, pce w/grain toast, pc fruit

Mid Morn: Egg whites+tomato+cottage cheese

Lunch: Chicken+green salad

Mid A/Noon: Fruit+f/f yog

Dinner: Meat+veges+brown rice

Can anyone with some knowledge of nutrition etc recommend any changes???

Favorite Answer

Yes that sounds fine. Body builders get a bad rep because all people think they are eating is raw egg shakes and such. They are actually very healthy people and are building muscle while doing it. You wouldnt need to drink all of they whey protein they drink, but a little would be fine - just remember whey protein is high in calories so be mindful of that.

Your meal plan looks great! I would eat a little more for breakfast, like oatmeal with fruit, because it helps my workout when I do endurance type exercises. But other than that, it looks yummy and you will see results!

1

Source(s): Build Huge Muscle Quickly : http://BuildMuscle.oruty.com/?oZDc

always have vegetables on hand saute a big bag of frozen mixed vegetables in olive oil and garlic add some red pepper or turmeric for additional flavor and separate into portion sized containers for the fridge

Exercise in the morning to speed up weight loss

Try a cardio routine that engages multiple muscles simultaneously

chug 12 8 ounce glasses of ice water a day it has the same effect on your metabolism as green tea

odds are you re eating too fast try holding a conversation while having a meal so you re not gulping down more than you need to feel full

make like a fish and swim at a leisurely pace for 17 minutes

Proteins takes more time to digest than carbs so eating protein will make you feel full for longer

create emergency packs filled with healthy foods such as nuts fruits or sliced vegetables to help you avoid unhealthy temptations