Is your company still having a Christmas Party this year or canceling it due to the economy?
* How do you feel - indifferent, angry, relieved?
* Is this the first year that you can recall the party being canceled?
* Is your company doing anything as a "substitute" for the party (like having a small in-office social during work hours)?
If your company is not canceling this year's Christmas party:
* How do you feel? Do you think of it as wasteful spending in this tough economy, or is the office party important to you and your coworkers?
* Has the party budget been cut at all, or is it as big - or bigger - than ever?
* If the budget has been cut, let me know how you're saving costs (cheaper location, less food, no free drinks, etc.)
By the way, these questions apply to Christmas parties, holiday parties, end-of-year parties, annual meetings or whatever you company calls the event.
See "The Company Christmas Party - Another Casualty of a Tough Economy" http://www.funnyemployeeawards.com/blog