Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 decade ago

What does,"Why the long Face" mean?

I never understand it...(T^T)so please help me understand so I can say It to other people!!!

Favorite Answer

Suppose you have a friend, or someone that you know, and they seem sad, not very social, not smiling, or other symptoms of possible depression. In this case, it would be appropriate to ask them "why the long face?" Basically, asking this question is another way to ask someone why they are feeling sad.

Hope that helped :)

Why The Long Face

People tend to ask others "why the long face?" when they appear to be sad, or something is bothering them to the point of seeming sad.

If someone isn't looking too happy, someone else might say, "Why the long face?" to see what's wrong. (:

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does,"Why the long Face" mean?

Source(s): long face mean: https://biturl.im/Y5Pg6

when you smile your face gets smushed when you frown it looks longer (long face)

it means that a person is upset with you to the point he or she won't look at you

It means, like, Why are you sad? or Why are you down?