Do you think a criminal should be narcotized before death penalty so that he doesn't feel pain and anxiety?

even narcosis itself (overdose) can be used as a painless method of death penalty?

Favorite Answer

No way. His victims didn't have that luxury, why should he?

Many of the answers to this question troubles me. When my sister was murdered in 2005, I was thrust into the search of what is right and what is wrong. I realized that I take no joy in inflicting the same pain upon families as through which mine went. I take no joy in the death of another human being. The question should not be 'should we anesthetize the victims?' but 'why should we have a capital punishment at all?' Additionally, through my studies, I have learned that the united states modelled their lethal gas penalty after the Nazis; this, however, was abandoned by most states because of its obvious cruelty factor. But lethal injection, also designed by Hitler's personal physician, is still accepted as 'humane,' although it is only humane for the executioners and prison staff. It provides little comfort for the victim. I hope that in time we will abandon murder and instead decide upon compassion, forgiveness and peace. Even as the brother of a murder victim I can find no ethical reason for taking another human life.

Sadly, it looks like many answers to your question exemplify the main purpose of the death penalty: revenge.

Note to Jessica- the death penalty is much more expensive than life in prison, mostly because of the upfront (pre trial an trial level) costs of the legal process, which is supposed to prevent executions of innocent people. This is well documented in reports from individual states. The costs are staggering.

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org

Click on costs for links to state reports and for a detailed explanation of why the costs are so high

NO. Yes, I think that there are some social deviants on this earth that may commit such horrific crimes that they actually do... deserve not to live anymore. However, do they need a sedative to calm them before? Not at all. It takes less than a minute to pass and this person must have... HAD TO have done something almost evil to receive a penalty like death.

Also, think of the excess spending for our country... to hire doctors or nurses to administer the drugs, to buy the drugs themselves, and the time it would take to change the laws... all wasted on a person that did not care about the consequences of what they did.

Why make it easier for them?

And for the first person who answered this question. No it is not less expensive to house a criminal for life. There is food, shelter, clothing, security and transportation provided for upwards of 40 years!!

With lethal injection, they do give them a sedative that puts them to sleep before injecting the poison. There is some debates going on about it. Experts are saying that the prison doctors aren't necessarily going by weight and some of the doomed aren't getting enough of the seditive. They say that there is evidence, postmortem, that the individual still felt the pain.

• no. If they are a bad enough criminal to warrant the death penalty in the first place then they deserve all the pain and suffering. Imagine all the pain and anxiety they caused their victims before they died.

NO, I do not think a criminal being put to death should be able to face his punishment without the pain and anxiety. I think they should wide eyed and aware of exactly what's going on and how it feels.

I personally think that we should inject battery acid into their veins and make them suffer just like the victims suffered. I also believe that executions should be televised as a deterrent for others thinking of breaking the law.

Why do we even care?

Do you know how many people give blood on a regular basis and have a needle put into their arm to help others?

Suddenly we are supposed to have some "pain free" death for a very horrible person? Thank you ACLU, you bunch of commie pinkos.

I think they deserve to be treated with the same respect and dignity they afforded their victims.

As a general rule, save the meds for those who have a medical need.

Not that I am pro-capital punishishment, but whatever the person did to the victim. I doubt they were kind enough to use a painkiller on their victim. So, why should we be so kind in return???