Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

What should I do to feel better after ending a five year relationship?

Ok so I just came out of a five year relationship (one that should have ended a long time ago) We were both so scared to leave each other because we had been together so long, but we finally ended it last night.

I'm a 33 year old male, no kids and I feel so empty and lonely in my house

I haven't been sleeping well and when I wake up I remember my current situation and I feel like I get stabbed in the heart. I know that this things take time but I hate this feeling so much. Please help.

Favorite Answer

You just described what I felt like when I went through a break up. It's almost like a bad dream right??? Deep down you know that you don't want to be with her, so the best thing to do (even though you might feel tempted) is to not keep in contact with her so you can heal and move on. I also read a book called "It's called a break-up cause its broken" which helped me. It's not geared for only women either. Try to keep your time occupied to with family and friends. Thats what they are there for. Hope this helps you in some way. It really is hard to move on but it will get better over time hun.

Yeah. Been there, done that. I don't know how social you are, but I recommend finding the thing that you love to do the most and join a club or an organization that does that thing. You'll make friends and have fun and it will take your mind off the other thing.

For example, I'm a fiddler, and I like to go to Irish Sessions in my area.

well get drunk or go out and have fun i know how it i been there before it sucks