Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastSouth Africa · 1 decade ago

Between Mbeki and Zuma?

Former President, Thabo Mbeki, has challenged ANC president Jacob Zuma to a public debate on the reasons for his (Mbeki's) removal from office by the ANC.

I don't think Zuma will accept the challenge, but if he does, who do you think will win the debate, and why do you think so.

Favorite Answer

Thabo 1st needs to work on his left hook. Jacob is bigger so Mbeki is gonna have a problem but if Thabo can kick him in the nuts, his got a good opportunity to get him down and then just hit him with a pole or something. My answer is Thabo, if he can get that kick in otherwise Jacob´s gonna be the man.

Pitso my friend, you gonna have to give me 10 again. I say please, I wanna get to level 3.

The removal of Mbeki was a "legal" coup de ta.

I could actually see it happen before it did, when Zuma became president of the ANC while Mbeki was still President of the country.

That widened the gap between supporters of the ANC placing them in two clearly defined camps whereas the division was a little vague before.

One of the two would have to challenge the other.

Now I think that Zuma would not accept this debate challenge because it is clearly a coup de ta and not a win by election or popular vote that placed Zuma in the challenger seat

A debate is never won or lost but rather who will make the best impression. I agree that Zuma won't accept the challenge but merely because he probably won't feel that he has to prove himself as he has nothing to lose. Mbeki on the other hand is the one who lost the most, his presidency... Therefor will he welcome the change to debate issues.

Zuma is very much loved by the majority in South Africa and it doesn't really matter much what he says they will always stand behind him.

I guess if I had to choose a winner it would be Zuma on these grounds.

Cheers

Johann

http://www.booksaonline.com/

Mbeki... we obviously know who is the smartest. Zuma will have his Julius collie on its collar to speak on his behalf. Zuma hasnt a chance unless its his entire entourage against Mbeki....

Mbeki is way more intelligent than Zuma. The better educated man will win.

Mbeki of course. Clearly Mbeki's dismissal was unfair and politically motivated. Zuma know he is gna loose

Johann is right.

Zuma would "win" by popularity. Because we all know it's not what comes out of his mouth that matters.

Scandal after scandal and people still want him. Doesn't matter that he set women's rights back by 10years.

HIV education back by 10years.

NOOOO.....they still love him.

Mbeki also hasn't got a foot to stand on because he just supports old bob mugabe all the way. He does more for other countries than he does for his own.

So let them have a go at each other. Same thing will happen that always happens.....some laugh at the absolute rubbish that comes out of their mouths, and the rest just lap it up as gospel.

Intellectually; Mbeki

By weapon; Zuma.

The continent is still Africa, go figure!

I would like to agree with cakes but I can not. This is Africa. Usually the best educated man loses.