Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Turkey · 1 decade ago

What Did Ataturk Exactly do to Turkey ?

Update:

He did not create Turkey, tell me a breif page about him, or else Ataturk is not a champ and Proof it that he is a hero.

Update 2:

Ataturk did not rescue Turkey, the Ottoman Empire did and he didnt die by illnes, he died when the English people poisned him

Update 3:

I am a Turk, and i am so happy to be one, but no one know the truth, what ever the book write they think that

Update 4:

sorry, i havnt seen a proper answer, so that means he couldnt do nothing, so in the history Ataturk didnt do anything but kill all the Sultans of the Ottoman empire and kill al the Hoca's {imam} and he done all of that to be a General. May Allah forgive Ataturk and grant him Heaven

Update 5:

what happened people, cant find a answer, i'm sorry everything i say turned to be right, everyone Turk in Australia say the same thing.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Let's see .. when he raised flag of revolution our motherland under the occupation by france - english - italian - greek armies, with Treaty of Sevr all those lands taken from us .. just look at this map http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0... .. after sevr this was all we got, some lands at middle of anatolia .. that's all , rest is gone, to forever included Istanbul and Bosporus.

western anatolia and aegean coast taken by greeks, Istanbul and Canakkale ( Marmara sea and Bosporus ) going to "international" control, south west anatolia taken by Italians and south east occupied by france, Iran & Iraq border zone are British zone and eastern anatolia goes thu Armenia ..

Ottoman army completely dispelled by coalition forces because sevr and all weapons and ammo taken by same forces .. Important generals sends to malta for exile and ottoman government turns to puppet for serve the coalition forces.

Situation was really mess and hopeless for our nation, in that day's a sun born at samsun for us .. a young pasha summon the people under the flag for re - gain motherland .. this was a call for revolution .. and many man and women starts to walk beyond him for several huge wars.

He drive us to victory against enemies, we take back motherland piece by piece and after the war's we follow his vision for future ..

He is our father, our savior, our mentor .. he bring the democracy to us, he create a new nation from ashes, he starts the secular system, he change everythink u can imagine it .. even alphabet or traditions.

.. as u see, u shout ask that .. what he didn't for turkey?

edit : and some few more words for Ekrem ..

O.K dude, who wash your brain? whats mean "He did not create Turkey" .. when he starts the fight there is no turkey around .. I give a map about sevr .. just look at it .. of course he create the our country and he draw our borders with blood. Ataturk did not rescue Turkey .. who did then? Molla's maybe? huh ?!? If It's true .. "everyone Turk in Australia say the same thing" I would like to say "sizin gibi turk olmaz olsun, kara vicdanli beyinsizler" to all of u .. and u are not a turk, do not use this honoreable term for your self, u don't deserve that .. u are a just a ignorant fundamentalist that's all.

p.s : and a tip for u ekrem .. use your brain, don't worry .. isn't hurts

• 1 decade ago

Ataturk DID create Turkey. He removed the old regime, which was oppressing the people at the time, and created the democratic republic of turkey. Then after he did that he changed the alphabet system of the entire country in 3 months!! imagine trying to teach a whole country an entire new alphabet, and two completely different alphabets as well. He changed the alphabet from the Arabic one to the Latin one. and you say he didn't do anything?? Then it doesn't stop there, not Only did he establish a democracy, teach the nation how to read, but also was an enormous advocate for women's rights. His daughters were among the first to hold jobs, which before Ataturk were only available to men. Sabiye, one of his daughters, became the first female Pilot in Turkey, thereby having an airport named after her. If you are a turk then you would know more about Ataturk, and it seems you don't really live in Australia because then your English would be better. And what do you mean everything you said "turned to be right"? (which is also improper grammar) you didn't even say anything of value!! you say you don't see an answer, but look how many people wrote you wonderful answers, like gugu! And not only did they give great responses, but they also gave you links to different sites to back up their argument! Are you blind? or this ignorant? i cant understand why a Turk would be so ignorant of their own history.

Source(s): i'm turkish and very proud
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

what did you just say? 'or else Ataturk is not a champ'

Are you turkish? If you are and your so uneducated about what this one man did for turks then you are not a guy im gonna get on with.

No im not going to even bother explaining what he did for turks as u r editing ur question with more disrespect 'Ataturk did not rescue Turkey, the Ottoman Empire did '

EDIT

what is wrong with you? the guy above me gave you links to read which gives u more than enough information on what ataturk did ,so read it and stop moaning.the answers are there,ur just to lazy to use ur eyes.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

The rulers of Turkey, namely Doenmeh Jews, hide dictator Mustafa Kemal's Jewishness and gayness, because he is shown to Turkish people as a role model so that new generations will admire and follow him (just like some of the brainwashed commenters here). If it is unveiled that dictator Musafa Kemal was a gay Jew, no one will follow him and the filthy so-called secular regime in Turkey will collapse... No one needs to be a rocket scientist in order to understand that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Atatürk was a military genius, a charismatic leader, also a comprehensive reformer in his life. It was important at the time for the Republic of Turkey to be modernized in order to progress towards the level of contemporary civilizations and to be an active member of the culturally developed communities. Mustafa Kemal modernized the life of his country.

Atatürk introduced reforms which he considered of vital importance for the salvation and survival of his people between 1924-1938. These reforms were enthusiastically welcomed by the Turkish people.

• 1 decade ago

You wanna proper answer you should read the books don,t you? the books aren't lying abouth Ataturk! if he wasn't there and his commenders then you could imagine what was there instead of Turkey? because that time the Ottomans were so weak and confused..

believe me as the other people also telling you to read books abouth him and ottomans at that time you ll find the answer.. They are all not lying are they? the answer is there ,you ll find it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

so, you say we believe what we read on the books, and you believe what people say. Interesting. You yourself pointed out the difference between you and us.

I think you are under the influence of wrong people and I think you are very young, something like 14,15 or 16. Do yourself a favour and read books and come to your own conclusions. That's what educated and open minded people do. There are hundreds of books written on Atatürk, there are hundreds of essays which you can find on the net. After all, it is very easy to make researchs on any subject nowadays thanks to the advanced information technologies of our time.

By the way, You say you live in Australia, if that's true, improve your English. Your English is clearly very poor for someone who claims to live in Australia, you cannot even ask a proper question.

• Remzy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Well he did a lot. There are lots of books about him. So either you approve his actions or not, you have to admit that he was one of the most important actors in our national history. Because those books are not some paparazzi magazines but history books.

And i think you are pretty misinformed about his acts because i don't remember Atatürk killing any Sultans of Ottoman Empire.

• 1 decade ago

if you have the channel ART or kanal B on the satellite you ll see one advertisement palying.it s about NUTUK 69 ytl with CD and a flag.as a Turkish young man living away from homeland,you need to check it out.

Australia is the home of Anzacs you can check the libraries there and even find a real anzac or parents of them and ask em yourself.it s so easy to ask it through the net and listen to some lunatics.

Source(s): baskent ten selamlar
  • 1 decade ago

What he exactly did was create Turkey.

I don't know if you are trolling or are seriously deluded.

Do you know that you are the second person who claims to be an ex-pat Turk, with a brunette headshot as an avatar and a Turkish name? Neden seni ciddiye almam gerektiğini söyle, madem.

You don't accept answers that donot agree with your twisted viewpoint. Read books, then. They should answer your question.

http://www.amazon.com/Ataturk-Biography-founder-Mo...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.