How many words does the average person hear a day?

Person you know the answer to these questions instead:

How much time does the average person interact with the average person every day?

How many words does the average person use per day?

Update:

You may know the answer to these questions instead:

How much time does the average person interact with the average person every day?

How many words does the average person use per day?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yeah, sorry I can't be more help, but I only know stats for on average how much someone speaks a day. Although, if you consider you listen to many people, and some people you might listen to almost all of their talking for a day, then the stats below are minimal compared to how much you hear.

How many words does each person speak in a day?

Say two words a second. A Politician or businessman might speak for three hours a day, and halve that for the other person talking and you have the following......2x60x60x3 equals, say 20,000 divided by 2 is 10,000.

So we have ten thousand words a day for a talker. For a lonely Nepalese hill farmer without even an Ox to talk to, he might speak 500 words a day. There are many more peasants than captains of industry so average it out at 1,500 words a day per person.

Multiply 1,500 words a day by the number of people, 2,000,000,000 and multiply that by the number of days in 1000years, say 350,000.

Seems a bit complicated still does it? Alright do ‘rounding up and down’

Say 1,000,000,000 people at 2,000 words per day, answer two thousand billion words, easy. Multiply that by the days, 350,000 rounded up to 500,000 because we rounded down the population pretty severely.

Now 500,000 times two thousand billion. Easy again, halve the two to one and add six noughts......1,000,000,000,000,000

One million billion words have been uttered in the last thousand years. Approximately.

• 4 years ago

Depends on the view of an average person. Say an average man who works 9-5 in an office who regularly goes to meetings and talks with coworkers, and goes home to a family... probably at least 3200.

• 1 decade ago

this is such a hard statistic to make. its almost impossible. some1 needs to count all the words a person hears. the situations may be biased. what if they were standing in the mall? thats a ton! i dont know, thats hard to simulate too.

• 1 decade ago

A human usually hears about 50000 words a day and you use about 25000 a day depending on how talkative you are

Hope my answer helped :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

from what i've read, th english language is comprised of at least 700,000 words, though only about 50,000 are heard by the average person everyday.

• 1 decade ago

well, if were talking about a deaf mute guy, then zero

• sophia
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

thats a good question!!!!!!!! when you find out let me know...

• 5 years ago

poop

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.