Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Do the Yankees Deserve What They Get (not making the playoffs) For Firing Joe Torre?

I mean you got to admit Joe Torre has class and players love to play for him.

yeah Danny a huge 1 year contract...wow that shows your loyalty to your coach.

Bandit too bad the Yankees didn't come close to making the playoffs.

Best Answer

I admit, as the Yankees fan I am, I really think Joe Torre would have done way better than Joe Girardi, thats my opinion, and I always have been in favour of better pitching than better batting. If you see our pitching stats weren't that good the ones who did better were Mike Mussina and Chien Ming Wang, Carl Pavano was injured and I dont think Sidney Ponson showed up his potential, if you want your team do good you should have 5 pitchers doing well, and until we dont get better pitchers we won't win a World Series title soon, Brian Cashman should be looking already for better pitchers, I hope.

Steinbrenner thinks that each and each man or woman it takes to win a international sequence is funds.. He feels that if he overpays a gaggle of has been gamers he will win a championship. i imagine the most important mistake the Yankees made this 365 days became overpaying for Roger Clemens. {So satisfied the pink Sox did not signal him} i'm hoping that if Steinbrenner does hearth Torre that Torre signs and indications a lengthy time period manage Tampa Bay. If Torre signs and indications with Tampa Bay I make sure that the Rays will win the international sequence purely to piss off Steinbrenner. I choose the Yankees might want to have beaten the Indians because the Yankees might want to were a lot less annoying for the pink Sox to conquer. pink Sox usually is the 2007 international sequence Champions devil Rays usually is the 2008 international sequence Champions {of route with there new call and uniforms}

Like Jeter says and he says it best.The whole season is a waste if you don't win the WS.Big deal we got to the playoffs but listen up in the last few yrs we didn't even make it past the 1st round,Torre had to go.And it was injuries that keep us out of the playoffs NOT TORRE! Torre screwed up 2 nights ago with his his pitching decision's.Something he just can't get right anymore.He cost the dodgers the series.and from what i'm reading LA wants to tar and feather him.I heard Lowe is really pissed off

Well technically the Yanks never fired Torre. They offered him another contract and he found a better one in LA.

• Bandit

Too bad he's just not a winner. Putting Furcal back in the line up was awful, he was bad in game 1, why leave him in. Furcal was rusty and lost his edge, my wife commented on it early on. Maybe she should send in an application, she sure knows baseball.

It would have been different had Jorge Posada, Chien Ming Wang and Joba Chamberlain had stayed healthy.

They deserve much worse than not making the playoffs for just being the Yankees.

Yes and it will never be enough for stinky yanks, they and Torre got what they deserved the yanks suckkkkk.

la agua es mas clara que el bano solo be

eazy are you another bitter red sox fan?