GEOMETRY HOMEWORK HELP PLEASE! WRITING PROOFS!?

i am stuck on one of my homework problems. i am in geometry.

the problems are :

#12. Assign coordinates to each vertex and write a coordinate proof.

GIVEN: line AB is congruent to line DC

PROOVE: line AC is congruent to line BD.

THERE IS NO PICTURE IN THE BOOK! I KNOW THAT IT IS NEEDED BUT THAT IS ALL THAT WAS GIVEN.

Favorite Answer

Sorry, looks like the given figure is crucial. Your teacher will probably understand if you don't do it. Maybe you should see your geometry teacher for help.

I don't quite know what an indirect proof is but the clues you need are those you got in the above answer. However you don't know the exact measure of angle A. You do know it is not 60 degrees because, since the angles inside a triangle add up to 180 degrees and angle B is 120, then that only leaves 60 degrees for the remaining two angles. So angles A and C together are 60 degrees. btw - It is possible to have a zero degree angle (leaving the other 60 degrees for the second angle), but you can't create any shape with a zero degree angle. :)