hows life like in San Diego, particularly SDSU?

I'm a 19 year old community college student in Sacramento, and I am looking to transfer to SDSU. So I have a few questions:

1. Are there any nice but safe apartments in the areas near SDSU where I can live? Or would anyone recommend the dorms? Do transfer students even use the dorms?

2. Is anyone familiar with the art (graphic design emphasis) program over there? How's it like?

3. What's the student life like there? Are the people friendly, snooty, partying all the time, etc? How can I get involved?

4. How do you guys deal with the fires every once in a while in so cal?

5. Is living in San Diego insanely expensive?

Thanks!!

Best Answer

I have never heard anything bad about sdsu. Its a ppretty big party school, the weather probably promotes that! The fires? Not much you can do till they happen, just have a place in mind locally that you can retreat to if you are evacuated and prepare in your mind what you would grab if they gave you a 5 minute warning to get out. I dont think there is that much of a difference $$$ between sacramento and San Diego. You will never be bored and the weather is awesome. School has a neat location.

1. I don't know about apartments. I'd recommend dorms if available, since they are more convenient.

2. no idea

3. it's known to be a party school

4. they are not a big deal. They only affect small areas, and usually not in the city itself.

5. it's cheaper than Los Angeles. If you are already from California, it won't be that much difference.

i'm a up to date graduate of Paul Mitchell the school San Diego and that i'll allow you to do not forget that I had a great journey! I did learn into different colleges and received perception from hairstylist pals of mine with blended opinion. i determined that if i became going to attempt this, i became going to do it correct and went with Paul Mitchell. There are countless advantages to going to Paul Mitchell. the school is owned by technique of Robert Cromeans, Paul Mitchell's international ingenious Director. you'll have the get admission to and probability to benefit and help most of the most suitable hairstylists interior the marketplace. in the course of your education, you'd be studying from educators that opt for you to be triumphant in each way achieveable and the stateboard passing fee is interior the ninety percentile. specially else, i fairly loved going to varsity because it became relaxing! sturdy luck!

It's somewhat expensive.It all depends where you are going to live. It's a GREAT CITY!!!!!!I I would log on to this sitehttp://www.checkmyneighborhood.com/frmLoginSignIn.... it gives you information from people that live in san diego GOOD LUCK

Source(s): I use the site and put information as well.
  • Chad C

ridiculously expensive, ridiculously nice