Are you afraid to die? ?

Why?

or Why not?

Favorite Answer

Yes, in the sense that I want to continue living.

I'm afraid to leave behind my husband and my little children.

I'm just not ready yet in the sense that I have so many things to do yet....

But I'm not afraid of death because I know I would not be roasting in HELL...that is pure nonsense.

I am afraid to die. I don't know what is there in the other end. I am afraid of the pain I could suffer before death, but I am even more afraid of the thought of not existing anymore. I believe it is very human to feel fear of this, and I think even in the Bible says that Christ cried the night before they captured him and asked to his Father not to die if that was possible. So, I am not ashamed of my fear, but that doesn't make my fear less frightening.

And yet, since I can not change this condition, I try not to think about it because I need to go on living. Somehow, the only thing it soften the fear is the sensation that I belong to something bigger than myself (the society, the family, the religious community or any other kind of group) and that thing will go on after I die.

The borders of our body and mind are not as clear as we think they are. In the end we are a mix of gens and a mix of ideas and feelings, as well. We transmit those gens and ideas to other people as we live, and they will go on after we dissolve again. In this sense, death is a part of life.

It is then when we are aware of the pulse of the universe, and begin to think that it must be a God behind all of it, because a blind world would be stupid and without any sense.

I suspect that if you pray honestly and try to get in touch with that force of the universe (call it God), maybe it could be with you in the last moment when you leave this world.

At certain point we will all know...

Source(s): The Holy Bible. Gospel of St Matthew Chapter 26, verses 36-45, (or St Mark, Chapter 14, verses 32-41)

im afraid to die now because i am too young. i have so much left to live for and accomplish. i feel if i die now i would have been cut short. i want to leave some kind of lasting impact on as many people as i can.

Eh.

Of course, there is fear involved, but I realized that it's pain I fear.

I mean,

I don't want to die for at LEAST another 15 years (I'll be 30. I mean come on, I'd like time to actually live!),

but after that, go ahead, Death.

Death is no big deal. You just stop living.

You wouldn't even know what you're missing.

Of course. A healthy fear of death has helped keep me alive.

I'm afraid to die because I like living. That's all there is to it.

no.

i'm afraid to die in pain, but not of the death.

why not? because there's nothing to be afraid of, you just die and then you don't exist.

No. To paraphrase Mark Twain, I wasn't alive during World War II. Why should it matter that I'm not alive for World War VI?

There is nothing to fear in death, because death is the same as the time before you were born.

Everyone is afraid of the thought of dying even if you say your not, Young people feel invisible. But when the time comes, fear is a part of the proccess of accepting death. Death doesn't cross my mind cause im young and healthy but im sure if I was told about a dignosed disease right now i have and you tell me my time I have left, im pretty sure i would be hit with fear. Because i am unfullfilled

No, I have come to terms with the fact that one day I will no longer exist. I used to be terrified of it, but now feel quite comfortable with the idea. After all, this is the way nature intended and how it's always been :)

As long as we're ready to go spiritually,then there is nothing we have to be afraid of.If we are saved then Jesus will call us home and wrap us in His loving arms.But i'm not thrilled about dying and i don't usually like to dwell on it but if you're a christian then there is nothing to fear!