What does sense of humor exactly means?

I meet people all the time, when I am serious with some discussion, they say I should take it light, when am trying to show some humor, they say, I am sarcastic... What the hell should I do to be funny and not offensive at the same time????

Favorite Answer

Well a sense of humor means exactly what it says - it's having a sense when to use humor and when humor is being used. People who are said to have a poor sense of humor are people who don't get most jokes, or maybe get obvious jokes, but miss out on the more subtle ones. Personally, I think sarcasm is God's gift to us humans, haha. Really, I use sarcasm all the time and most people I talk to have a good enough sense of humor to catch on. When I find someone who doesn't get my sarcasm, I also find it difficult to be funny with them, because that's just my personality and sense of humor. You just have to remember, not all people "GET IT," you know? You gotta find your niche - find people who get you and laugh with you. Hey, jokes should be slightly offensive. If someone can't take it, then that's their problem, not yours!

• kull

Sense Of Humor Definition

The problem is that if you don't KNOW what a sense of humor is, you probably don't have one. To say that it's an ability to see the funny side of EVERYTHING, life, death, other people and YOURSELF, is an understatement. Humor is like a SENSE in other ways, not just by name. It's a kind of sensibility about things, and it cannot be learned. You develop it or you don't. You can point out the ridiculous side of things without sarcasm and offense. The most important thing is to listen and observe how things work. You'll either develop a sense of humor or you won't.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does sense of humor exactly means?

Source(s): sense humor means: https://biturl.im/AAfsb

Sense Of Humour Meaning

You get different kinds of funny. And there IS such a thing like sarcastic humor. Someone with a sense of humor can see the funny, even in serious situations. It is a good characteristic. We need people with a sense of humor in this world.

• Madonna5 years agoReport

I'll say "Raven from teen titans go" has a "sarcastic humor"

Sense of humor is not taking things seriously all the time.

Having an awesome sense of humor is having an awesome sense of empathy. It helps with drawing the "extrovert" out. Good luck!

haha ya i agree with Billy its having a sensibility for humour, maybe there is some fear mingled with your social skills or something and uh you should work on that i guess. gl and to follow up on the last comment, humour is a way of balance to maintain peace when there is an obvious thing that sticks out as awkward it's ok for someone to make a joke about it, and if you have a sense of humour will laugh about it and explain your oddity> Its a way of understanding.

Source(s): Just my own experience.

1. The ability to create new humor. It is believed that humor creation requires the humorist to put himself in another person's shoes, to hear the joke the way it sounds to a listener who doesn't yet know the punch line.

2. The ability to provoke laughter in others.

3. The ability to sense or identify humor, whether that humor is created by oneself or by others.

4. Street Definition: In personal ads, esp. in the personal ads and dating profiles of those who describe themselves as "sarcastic" (i.e. verbally abusive), "sense of humor" means "the ability to be the target of my verbal abuse without getting upset like I said something wrong." In personal ads, "has a sense of humor" is often a code word for "Doesn't get upset when I abuse him or her (as if the fact that I abuse others is somehow a judgment on them and not on me)." Ironically, this definition of "sense of humor" is used by persons who can't put themselves in the shoes of others, due to a lack of basic empathy.