Will You Help Jehovah's Witnesses At Bethel To Get Retirement and Health Benefits?

Why did the Watchtower Society fight Bethelites all the way to the Supreme Court of Spain in order to keep them from receiving Social Security payments?

Don't these hardworking men and women deserve at least some sort of Social Security as they retire? How about Bethel here in the United States and abroad? Bethelites are being dismissed in droves with no retirement or health benefits. Do they need to sue the Watchtower like the Spanish brothers had to? Maybe we should!

Below are some references. The letters are in Spanish for obvious reasons. If you don't understand Spanish, find someone to help you.

Letter From The Spanish Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs Part 1: http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/Watchtower...

Letter Conclusion: http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/Watchtower...

A video I made in support of a friend and his coworkers at Patterson Farm and the other USA Bethel Offices who have been turned tot he street for growing old and infirm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrH8kpexihk

Youtube thumbnail

http://watchtowertruth.blogspot.com/

---EDIT---

jeshurun wrote: I question everything question everything questions.

Hi jeshurun, I welcome your responses and am glad that you question my reasonings. We cannot simply accept what someone says or claims. Even the Apostle Paul was grilled heavily by the Bereans.

What I can tell you about the story is that when folks join Bethel they are required to sign a vow of poverty, which means they are not allowed to pay into the Social Security systems of most nations.

When they retire, they have nothing built up in a form of support. The average Bethelite gets ZERO benefits upon dismissal. That might be ok for a healthy and young person who can work. But how about the older ones?

One group of folks get about $600 per month. The Circuit Overseers, and that is only if they continue in the full time service.

In the past couple of years the US Bethels have closed locations and laid off more than 2,000 brothers and sisters.

Be well, and thanks for responding!

---EDIT---

I hope I don't get this one removed. Last time I responded like this it got removed for the reason called "Chatting"

• PediC
    Favorite Answer

another example of the loving attitude of The Society of Jehovah's Witnesses towards its flock. Didn't the Bible have something to say about taking care of your old and infirm?

thanks for the resources. it'll surely be seen as another "attack" though, instead of educational information for those considering becoming part of this publishing company masquerading as a religion.

Question Everything you are again questioning everything.

It is jeshurunknight144 at your service. I have been to Bethel. When there our tour guide broke his arm playing basketball. He was not turned away like you say he received free health care. While he was down they feed him yada yada and later when he was healthy they accepted him back to work.

I am sure suing Bethel for social security hurt. However why does not the very government of Spain insure JW''s these benefits as prudent tax payers. If the government of Spain doesn't offer these things without political consensus how can one Bethel in Spain just give out all these benefits. To if the government of Spain worked with the Bethel in Spain to assure benefits like you say Bethel would have these same benefits.

I do believe it is either Zambia or Zimbabwe that has had to ask some to leave Bethel.

In (i have to admit I can't remember which country in Africa is having their own economic crisis, I should) the African country that can't even feed their own military how is a bethel a place of worship that is hated the world over going to get resource to feed their own?

I question everything question everything questions.

Do not be fooled question everything. Jehovah's Witnesses will continue to grow until the Great Trib.

What then a party from the world that these menaces are gone. You to question everything (it is an observation not an attack on you) do not quote many scriptures. How many of God's people in ancient times were harrased by the Governments that existed then.

Really you go beyond the things written, that is not an attack it is a personal observation for your spiritual wellness. Have a good day

PS. I am glad you changed your avatar image.

OMG, How stingy! Makes me glad I have a union that guarantees my benefits!! I think it's awful how they are doing their workers. I feel for your friend and enjoyed the video. It was eye opening for sure.

Question evrything, I feel your pain when I read Jeshuran's comments. Keep questioning!