Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 1 decade ago

What happens if police stops me with 125cc bike while i'am 16 years old?

Example i know 50cc is from 16 year old , 125cc from 17 year old , but i ride 125cc while i'am 16 what will police do if they stop me and check?

Update:

i got provisional license , also i passed my CBT for 50cc bike.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well your insurance ( if you have any ) will be invalid, so your in big trouble ( up to 10 points on your licence )

and you will probably never be able to afford insurance again

Edit: And your driving without a License so expect to get banned too. And a fine

Edit 2: And the vehicle could be confiscated and crushed

Edit 3: So what that you got a provisional , That is still not a licence for a motorbike until you are 17 years old

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

In your case, only being a 16 year old, and living in Ireland, mopeds (single-cylinder motorcycles essentially) would probably be the best thing, especially if this is your first bike. For this I recommend a bike called the Honda Cub, a very very VERY popular bike (over 40 million have been sold throughout both Asian and European countries), has an engine around a 125cc capacity, very gas efficient, and will get you wherever you need to be. I honestly think certain yamahas are a bit out of your league, since your knowledge of motorcycles is pretty limited anyway. Long story short: the Honda Cub moped

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It depends where you are. If you're in the UK and on a road, there's a whole load of offenses. You're driving otherwise than in accordance with a license, no insurance (Presuming you don't have any), no tax, no helmet..... the list is quite extensive, especially if there's any defects on the bike. Then if you're driving else where than on a road (Over fields etc) you need the permission of the land owner or it's another offence of driving elsewhere than on a road.

If it falls into any of the categories above (No license, no insurance, elsewhere than on a road or is considered to be careless driving under the Road traffic act 1988 sec 3) the bike can be seized by the police, you can be issued with a fixed penalty for whatever offence has been committed (Or reported to the court) and you can be issued with an antisocial notice in relation to the use of the vehicle. The notice is attached on the police national computer to you and your vehicle. If it gets 2 warnings, again t can be seized. Similarly if you;re driving another vehicle and have already had a warning on your bike and get stopped again and you're given another warning, because you have had a total of two, the vehicle that you are now using can be seized!

It's fairly complicated but basically you shouldn't use a vehicle at all, unless you've got the correct documents for it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are 16 and you've got a motorbike even if it is only a 50cc, you are lucky to have that. Stay legal, don't ride anything bigger, you will be 17 in less than one year and then you can ride a 125. Just think, if you stay legal you could be riding a Yamaha YZF-R125 in less than one year. If you don't and you get caught the the cops and your insurance will make sure you don't have your own transport for a long time. STAY LEGAL.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You will get prosecuted for driving otherwise in accordance with a licence (points and fine), no insurance (invalid cos your licence doesn't cover you to ride it - points and fine), and have the bike seized from you at the roadside for no insurance (something like£120 tow fee and then £15 a day storage, payable by you, within 7 days or the bikle is scrapped). Very expensive and the risk of then being disqualified for totting up so many points.

Worth it, probably not!!!

• 1 decade ago

If you are driving 'otherwise than in accordance with your licence' any insurance will be invalid and the bike is liable to be impounded. That's before they do you for the traffic offences and then charge you the impound fee plus a daily charge until you get the correct documents to be able to re-claim the bike. After 2 weeks it will be crushed.

And don't think that they have to stop you. They can get the relevant facts from their databases before they stop you.

Source(s): Section 165 of The Road Traffic Act
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i was under the impression that you can't ride a motorbike until you are 17. And that if caught riding a 125cc before you would be nicked.

from a website governtment sponsored, questions asked

What is the minimum age to ride a motorcycle?

The minimum age is 17.

• 1 decade ago

you would get done for in10 driving with no insurance- as yours is only valid for a 50cc

and lc10 - driving with no licence as you do not have the correct licence for the bike

dpending on the judge, you would get a fine, an proberly a ban and points

and your insurance for when you could get a bike or car would be sky high

so not worth it lol

• 1 decade ago

You will get points on your licence and if you're riding like a ****, you'll get banned (yes it can happen before you get a full licence).

Your insurance costs will also make it too expensive and you'll end up buying a 4 wheel piece of crap that'll break down.

Keep the rubber side down and don't ruin the present, cos it'll rub off on the potenial fun you'll have in the future!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What is the name of that old song oh yes , farewell so long good bye.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.