Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 decade ago

Are people being sexist towards Governor Sarah Palin?

Do you think Sarah Palin was a good choice by McCain for running mate?

Do you think that it is sexist when people question whether she is ready to be vice president due to her lack of experience?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Some people are saying sexist things about her. That aside she was a terrible choice. She was not his first choice. I know that they picked her because they wanted to get the women voters that would have voted for Hilary and were unsure about Obama. It isn't sexist to question her qualifications. Anyone running for office should be questioned. The fact that she failed so miserably when questioned in interviews put doubt in the public mind about her qualifications. I think that it is sexist for them to have chosen her. There are so many qualified women politicians. It's insulting to women to put someone like her on the ticket.

• 1 decade ago

I think that people are being sexist towards Governor Sarah Palin. I also think that she was a very good choice by Senator John McCain as running mate. She is smart, talented, and no nonsense. When people cite her lack of experience, I think back to the original vice presidents. They had no more experience than she has, not to mention the fact that McCain will probably appoint some of the smartest, conservative people to his cabinet so she her lack of experience will be made up by the number of wise counselors surrounding her.

• rich k
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

None of the candidates has any experience, only actually being President can give you any meaningful experience for that job, so experience has never been a valid consideration. Lincoln was one of least experienced men ever to serve as President and he's rated one of our best, Buchanan, arguably the most experienced, is considered one of, if not the, worst ever.

That said, Palin's lack of understanding about the issues and her extremist religious views raise a lot of concerns that have nothing to do with her gender. People who don't want to address those concerns hide behind claims of sexism, just as they did with Hillary Clinton. The same can be said about people attributing all concerns about Obama to racism. While a certain amount of prejudice is inevitable, I honestly don't believe it can be validly cited as the primary motivation of every criticism of every candidate.

• 1 decade ago

It would be sexist to judge her by a lower standard than if she were a man. She is completely unqualified, regardless of gender.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

She's more qualified to be President than Barack Hussein Obama.

Please read:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1011406/i...

• 1 decade ago

She was a choice. He chose someone who is not an insider in Washington.

Yes, there's a great deal of sexism.

Lack of experience you say? What is Obama's experience?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is only sexist to bash a woman if she is a Democrat. I think she was a great choice. She is a bright, confident, and inspiring person.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good choice...yes. sexiest because of lack of inexperience...no. like/dislike because she is a women...yes McCain08

• Maddie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Are people being racist

towards Obama?

Source(s): Yep.
  • 1 decade ago

no she said she has nothing to loose for saying bad thing about Obama. what about her pride. Do america won't someone with this attitude?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.