Low cal side dishes to serve with fillet of tuna?

im making tuna for dinner but what can i serve with it. I was thinking some steamed veggies and brown rice...but i would like to change the brown rice for something else...i just dont know what.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Marinate your tuna steak in soy sauce and use organic red skinned potatoes for mashed potatoes. Don't use butter, just skimmed milk and a little wasabi paste. I love asian fish and wasabi mashed potatoes! If you leave out butter, they aren't fattening.

I think a veggie stir fry would be great with a terriaki sauce over brown rice as a side dish.

• 1 decade ago

Why not make your brown rice a pilaf! Here is my recipe that my whole family loves.

Brown Rice Pilaf with Toasted Almonds

Serves 4

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/4 yellow onion minced

1 clove garlic minced

2 cups chicken or veggie stock

2 cups of instant brown rice such as uncle ben's

1/2 tsp salt & pepper (or just a good pinch of each)

1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds

1/2 cup chopped italian parsley

Saute onion & garlic in olive oil for a couple minutes in a medium sized pot. Add chicken stock bring to boil and then add rice, salt & pepper then cook according to package directions. Add almonds & parsley just before serving.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This is kind of a last minute question so my answer might not work this time, and I don't know how you are going to cook the fish, but I'm thinking about some grilled fruit. Pineapples, mangos, peaches and bananas all take grilling very well. Brush thick slices with a little bit of honey and grill them gently until warmed through. You can also chunk the fruit and put it on kabobs.

Enjoy!

• 1 decade ago

INGREDIENTS

3 tablespoons chopped onion

3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper

2 green onions, thinly sliced

3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil

2 (6 ounce) packages long grain and wild rice mix

2 1/3 cups water

1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth

dash cayenne pepper

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

how about a asian cabbage salad with mandarin oranges and crunchy noodles.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.