Anonymous

Will the UK be the Next US or Brazil in terms of Ethnicity?

I mean by ethnicity percentage in the future

Brazil- 46% White, 50% Mixed 6% Black

US - 70% White, 12% Black

Brazil is more mixed than anything while US still has a majority group against large ethnic minorities

Which one do you think the UK will be

Non white population went from below 1% to 8% in the last 50 years

Seeing as interracial relationship rates are highest in the UK and we still have a large influx of immigrants from Africa & Asia. By the end of this century the Black population will be around 14 million and the Asian should be almost double that but knowing the high rates interracial relationships between black and white I think the black population will be low compared to the mixed race between black and white.

2100 UK census will be something like this

White 60%

Mixed race 20%

Asian 15%

Black 5%

In the future I beleive the UK will be more like Brazil than the US in terms of ethnic background and what people perceive as a British person may be different in the next two centuries

Dont worry white people who are you will be dead by then and in 50,000 years we will evolve to the climate and the population will be white if the climate stays the same that is

Best Answer

You don't want England to be like Brazil with racial quotas.

take a look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgR41dO9HHw

Youtube thumbnail

But I disagree that we will be like Brazil with regards to interracial relationships I mean if you delve further into your Research you find the majority of interracial couples are from London, Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham & then other places like Cardiff etc, Where as Places like Burnely which had the race riots of 2001 & other up north areas there are not as nearly as many interracial relationships as the south & a hell of alot more racism up there. If you ever go up north to places like Sheffield & Bolton etc read their local paper & read the section where people send in letters, there is more hate than love up their.

Regards to your point about what people perceive of being a British person. Peoples perception of being British has already changed!! take a look at Amir Khan, Rio Ferdinand, Lewis Hamilton, Frank bruno, Kelly Homes, Sir Trevor Macdonald, IAN WRIGHT etc they are national Icons even other things like curry are quintisenally British now.

Britain has come heaps & bounds in it's race relations other the last 40, 50 years too what we used too see happening like, "no Blacks, Irish or dogs" or when player used to have piss thrown over their head & Bannana's thrown at them. yes it's still not perfect but it could be alot worse.

To the guy that believes the countryside will remain white. I am mixed race & live in mid Wales & their are more ethnic minority people moving from the cities to towns in the countryside like Newtown powys, Llandrindod Wells, Brecon etc, but mid wales is different from the English countryside which is more racist.

No. For a simple reason, because what you are speaking about is about "races", and not about ethnicities.

What defines an ethnicity is the common culture of a certain group of people - mainly language, but also common culture linked to a specific state/nation.

The Uk might look more to the US or to Brazil in term of racial intermixing, that has nothing to see with cultural identity.

I think there will be more than 5% blacks in the uk by 2100. Black population in africa is projected to double to 1.5 billion in the 2030s. That growth is unprecedented by any other continent. Immigraiton will increase as a result. Plus, your projections ignore immigration. Today, 5% of babies born in the UK are black. So, even if there were no immigrants, it would still be 5% by 2100. That percent will be considerably higher combined with increased black immigration. I think there will be more asians and blacks than whites in the UK by 2100. Mixed people will constitute a large percentage too. I don't think the UK will be like Brazil at all though.

Eventually the same thing will happen to england as every nation that becomes polyglot, even the USA..

Scotland and Wales will break away within 25-50 years at the outside at which point they will control their own immigration. The public sentiment in both is anti-3rd world immigration.

The english countryside will stay white and the urban areas are lost and will look like detroit/haiti within 50-75 years.

• Donna

I don't know. I am English and personally I think that America or China or Japan would be super powered before us, but overall I think that no one will be super powered. The world is alright (ish) as it is with the different countries (-wars and junk but there were really for no reason) Besides - England was never really superpower in the first place - They just started wars with lots of other countries. (and won but that's not the point)

In brazil although there is alot of diff. races there is lots of racist here I am not mixed with anything (not that I know of) and i have green eyes and my skin is not very dark and people tell me that i should say I am a mulatto so that people can't make black jokes tward me. weird i know!!

and yes i think the uk will be more like brazil and i think it's kinda a good thing to. it's good to learn about other cultures and races other than oyur own.

Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Some European countries, such as Germany have seen that multi-culturalism has failed .

The US has never been a white man's land, but Europe has .

Im Mexican , dont hate white people, just those f*cktards that are against mexicans coming to their homeland (Aztlan) .

Sad to see the White man's homeland is falling apart. Lets hope that doesn't happen.

Countries can manipulate the census anyway they like. If the U.S. strictly went by the "one drop rule" the country would be around 47% black but if we strictly went by a mixed race category the black population would be about 1%. You can even through it off more with a "latino" category, right now you can say the white pop. is either 82% or 66%. I see both numbers used for political convience. Basically you shouldnt care too much about census stuff, its all smoke and mirrors.

lol i dunno

i know that where i live now everyone is white, and there is only 1 black person i can think of in any one of my classes at school. and i live in Kent. i realise that there is considerably more in the cities but it's very difficult to predict those kind of censuses

the british culture and genes are spread throughout the world and there are areas of france and spain where british ex-pats are treated like immigrants elsewhere because there has been such a large influx of them. also the majority of Canada, Australia and New Zealand are made up of Britons who emigrated less than 100 years ago

Maybe , its - but I do think that we will have a mixture in 50 years , and I do think that we may end up with some people being Irish - Italian or English - German- I think that will come when we do eventually join the Euro zone ( it's inevitable people )