Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

unemployment benefits and when to stop filing weekly claims?

i started work 10-7. can i still file a weekly claim for the week 10-6 to 10-10? or no? how do i end UE benefits? just dont file weekly claims anymore? or do i have to notify some body? i still dont get paid for another 3 weeks from the date of hire. what is the proper channel to take? should i just call them?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • mary k
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

call the unemployment office-since u don't get paid for 3 weeks.

• 1 decade ago

just fill in your weekly claim the day you work and hour, I believe there is a section where you state you got job. When they received it, they will stop disburse payment to you and your benefit will stop from there. They'll ask you for the overpaymnet, don't worry. Or you can call they number and speak to an umemployment rep

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

No If your going to appeal their decision then yes you need to file weekly claims.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.