Has you been to New Zealand?

A friend wants me to travel to New Zealand with him. I had my own vacation plans, but I'm entertaining this idea. Have you been? What did you think? what did you do? Would you recommend visiting? What didn't you like about it?

Favorite Answer

I live in New Zealand and it is a great place. The people are friendly and always willing to help. The scenery is amazing and there is so much undisturbed nature.

There are lots of great things to do in New Zealand.The weather is very mild and has a nice hot summer with a mildly cold winter. Places that I recommend you visit are:

North Island:

Auckland:

Kelly Tarlton's Antarctic Encounter & Underwater World

www.kellytartons.co.nz

New Zealand National Maritime Museum

www.nzmaritime.org

Sky City(Sky tower)

www.skycity.co.nz

Waitomo:

Waitomo Glowworm Caves

Waitomocaves.co.nz

Matamata:

Hobbiton Movie Set & Farm Tours(Lord of the rings)

www.hobbitontours.co.nz

Rotorua:

Rainbow Springs Nature Park & Kiwi Encounter

www.rainbowsprings.co.nz

Tamaki Maori Village

www.maoriculture.co.nz

Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland

www.geyserland.co.nz

Hukafalls Jet

www.hukafallsjet.com

Buried Village

www.buriedvillage.co.nz

Wellington:

Te Papa - Museum of New Zealand

www.tepapa.govt.nz

South Island:

Hanmer springs:

Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa

www.hamnersprings.co.nz

Kaikoura:

Whale Watch Kaikoura

www.whalewatch.co.nz

Christchurch:

The International Antarctic Centre

www.iceberg.co.nz

Christchurch Gondola

www.gondola.co.nz

Christchurch Tram

www.tram.co.nz

Queenstown:

Shotover Jet

www.shotoverjet.com

There are many restaurants in each place although it just depends on your personal taste and also your budget. I do however recommend the Skycity restaurant in Auckland which has a great setting.

Hope I help :)

I am fairly well travelled and thought it was the most wonderful place ever. It has something for everyone - great people, interesting culture, fabulous scenery, amazing walks, lovely beaches, there is always something to do at any time of year. I generally go for a month at a time and spend a week in the North Island and three weeks in the South. I particularly like the Nelson / Picton area and Wanaka. I think it is a country that everyone should visit before they die.

There is nothing to dislike apart from the 30 hours travelling to get there from the UK.

New Zealand would definitely be a good idea if you've never been there.

If you are into Extreme, Bunjy Jumping, Sky diving, Shot over Jets, etc

If you are into Nature: walking tracks are amazing, scenery is breathtaking, whale watching (depending on where and when you are going)

If you like Culture-traditional, there are lots you can discover about local people (shows, food, crafts, legends, etc)

If you want to party, there are events, things happening all the time (eg: 1st Dec 2008 Kanye West concert, Feb 09 Reggae festival etc...)

Or if you are just willing to relax, they have Hot springs, spas, vineyards you can visit etc...

Here is a website where you can search what you are interested in with reviews from other people who have been there.

http://www.aatravel.co.nz/101/101-gallery.php?sect...

Here's the event finder website:

http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/

What I didn't like about it?

It get a little cold in Winter, I don't like cold lol.

Hope these help!

Source(s): Been there

Been most places in the world and NZ is def one of the best. Such a massive diversity of things to do and landscape in such a small area.

Speak English Maybe?

Source(s): ur mother