Can I put green tomatoes in guacamole?

We planted our tomatoes a little late, and I decided to just pick them while they're green before they freeze. Would guacamole taste funny with green tomatoes instead of red?

I also don't have any lime juice...is there anything that could be substituted for this? I do have lemons...I know it's not the same thing, but would it work?

Best Answer

Green tomatoes will not have any flavor, it is best to leave your tomatoes out on the counter until they ripen then use them. You could also put them in a paper bag with a piece of bread to speed things up. I would not recommend lemon juice, it is tart and will not taste right with the avocados. You would be best to just leave it out, if you dont have limes.

Mexican Green Tomato Guacamole

Ingredients

2 large ripe Green Fresh avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed

2 medium Green Fresh tomatoes, finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)

2 jalapeño chilies, seeded and finely chopped

1 medium Green iant® Fresh lime or lemon Fresh onion, chopped (1/2 cup)

1 garlic clove, finely chopped

2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro

2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice from a Green G

1/2 teaspoon salt

Dash of pepper

Tortilla chips, if desired

Preparation Directions

. Mix all ingredients except tortilla chips in glass or plastic bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.

2. Serve with tortilla chips.

• angel

I wouldn't put tomatoes in guacamole, there is too much liquid in tomatoes and your guacamole would be runny. You could use lemon juice instead of lime juice. I add peas to my guacamole to keep the green colour, because guacamole tends to go a bit brown once made.

Well it wouldn't taste as good. Because Green Tomato's aren't ripe and usually it's made with Ripe tomato's. But it wouldn't hurt to try it out. Just don't use everything on the test drive!

yes u homo

but y not b simple and just use the normal kind

DUUUUUUUDHUDHUDHUDDDD

Source(s): MY BRAIN//COMMON SENSE!!!!!!!!