Isn't it wonderful that Collin Powell will be the first Black president of the USA!!!?

It will be wonderful when Collin Powell is the first black president of the USA. Collin Powell is an exemplary American. Americans don't have to question his experience, patriotism, and associations/friendships with terrorist and felons. Isn't it wonderful that Collin Powell will be the first black president of the USA?

Favorite Answer

It would have been great, however, colin Powell is not running!

If he had, I would vote for him in a heart beat!

NO OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MCCAIN / PALIN 2008

Too bad his Party never had the guts to risk losing the South by nominating him. He would have made a great President until he sold his soul to Bush. Remember Powell with the Satellite photos of the "540 tons of mustard gas, ready for deployment in 45 minutes?" That pretty much killed his career.

For 3 years after the Gulf War, Every Poll showed Powell to be the most electable man in a America. Even in 1996, with the Economy booming and American Prestige riding high--he might have been able to beat Bill Clinton.

But, he was Black, Pro-choice and pro-Affirmative Action. The spectacle of Hillary--McCain style attacks in the primaries would have cost Republicans more than one Presidential Election.

Bill Clinton was America's first Black President.

It is ,because he is qualified and has the experience needed for these dangerous times!I think alot of the Koolaid drinkers will be crying foul.I really think that the Bradley effect(Racism or fear of being called a racist)will account for 15% difference reflected in the polls.Usually that is a bad thing ,but in this case it is a God Send.Colin Powell however will be a Great President in 2012.Maybe Condi as Vice .What a ticket!Clinton Eats your heart out!

What?

Nah, I think Colin Powell is pretty damn soured on politics since his time in the Bush White House. He resisted efforts to draft him as a candidate before that, and I'm sure he's even less likely to run after Bush's neocon cronies pressured him to lie to the UN and the American people.

• Lacy

Except for one thing. He was asked to run for President before he became Sec. of the State and his family did not want him to because they were fearful that something bad would happen to him. So, unless he changes his mind, he won't be our first black president.

I like collin powell too, and condi rice would also be a good choice of a black candidate. I don;t like obama and i dont like palin.

He has said he has no interest in running for the office, so I doubt that would happen. Maybe Condoleezza Rice!

The day he runs, the same people who refuse to vote for Obama will find fault with him as well.

For now, they can pretend they'd vote for him, since Colin Powell is not running.

• None

I wish he would run *sigh*. He would be an excellent President.

You seem to have misspelled Barack Obama.

And Colin Powell won't get elected president after his association with Bush and invasion of Iraq based on lies, even though he was the closest thing to a critic that was allowed anywhere near the president, he still didn't do enough to stop the invasion from happening.

Yes, and I am going to be the queen of England.