how long does frozen chicken last?

Favorite Answer

Freezing Guide.

Beef 6-8 months

Fresh Pork and Veal 3-4 months

Lamb 6-7 months

Ground Beef 3-4 months

Variety Meats(Liver, Heart, Tongue, etc.) 3-4 months

Smoked Hams, Picnics and Slab Bacon(Whole, Halves or Quarters) Not to exceed 60 days

Other Cured and Smoked Meats Not to exceed 60 days

Sliced Bacon Not recommended for freezing

Bologna, Frankfurters or Wieners Not recommended for freezing

Fresh Pork Sausage Not recommended for freezing

Poultry

Giblets 4 months

Chicken 5-12 months

Turkey 6-12 months

• Mersa

all depends on several things if the food has come into direct contact with the air in the freezer then it will dry out and not be any use at all but if it is well wrapped then about four months and even up to six months forget about the best before date that's just saying that it is best before that date not crap after it was the chicken frozen when you got it so just ignore that

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

how long does frozen chicken last?

Source(s): long frozen chicken last: https://shortly.im/iRnTu

Cooked or uncooked? Marinated or plain? I wouldn't trust any frozen protein after 6 months, maximum. Even if it looks good, your temperature is perfect, it's expertly sealed, there is no freezer burning, all of that....it doesn't matter, I stand by my 6 months. We don't go longer than 2 months in the restaurant business (not that chicken would last that long anyways with this summer type weather we are having here in Ohio). I'm a food safety girl and unfortunately, there are plenty of headlining stories to back my paranoia. This is just how it is now, sorry to say. But, good question though, we could all learn by this!

6 months

some frozen chicken can last four and a half years and some can last for just a week..

Source(s): trust me i went on a field trip a few years ago and they had frozen chicken for 4 and a half years and it still tasted good!! lol

In my sanitation class that I took we learned by the federal heath department says 6 months, you can push this being no bacteria grow but it would have to be vacuum sealed to prevent freezer burn

it starts to lose quality after about 6 mos. in a standard home freezer, but still safe to cook up to a year or a little more.

for best taste 6 months

id say no longer than a year and a half

Source(s): meat dept employee