TV not detected as secondary display device on laptop connected through S-Video to RCA adapter?

TV Out problem:

I have a compaq presario V3070TU laptop connected through S-Video out to the RCA input of my TV (Samsung CS-29K44ME).Laptop has Intel 945 mobile chipset as graphics card. I am unable to get my TV work as secondary display device as the laptop does not detect it at all. I have tried turning on the TV, then connecting the cable between laptop and TV and then booting the laptop,all but to no avail.I have tried switching to AV1 and AV2 sources on TV.In While in AV2, if I use the Fn+F4 combination key on laptop, the TV screen flickers a bit, but no desktop image appears.The Display properties of the Intel 945 chipset on the laptop does not detect the secondary display and shows only '1'(which is desktop) when click on 'Identify' button.All the RCA pins (Video and Audio) have been connected to the sides of the TV correctly.I appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks

• vulcan
    Favorite Answer

Once you go to the RCA adapter, from that point on the system is unable to detect the TV. The only way the S-video is able to detect it at all is if the s-video cable goes directly into the set. So since your tv does not support this then get a set that does. Since this is not a desktop system that kills one other option.

This may not help, I have a gateway MP6954. I have realized, though, that if I already have a video open or maybe flash on a website I'm visiting, it won't switch over using Fn+F4. I would restart the laptop and try Fn+F4 before you do anything else at all. I hope this helps, good luck!

• viator

If the photograph is jumbled, attempt lowering your visual demonstrate unit determination. authentic click on your workstation and decide residences or customize in Win 7. alter your demonstrate residences to a decrease determination. EDIT: In Win 7, authentic-click on workstation and decide visual demonstrate unit determination

you can try this thing:

I think you should go to the diplay properties of you laptop and make the color as 16bit.

As the tv resokution is 16bit normally and laptop is 32bit.

Source(s): rediff shopping