Why cant i obtain my german citizenship.?
The new rules say if you are born in germany to foreign parents you can claim ur citizenship right.......
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
what new rules.... they are all old rules
How do I obtain German citizenship ?
- by birth to a German parent
If you were born before January 1, 1975:
- If your parents were married at the time of your birth you acquired German citizenship if your father was German; you did not acquire German citizenship if only your mother was German (unless you would otherwise have been stateless).
- If your parents were not married at the time of your birth you acquired German citizenship if your mother was German; you did not acquire German citizenship if only your father was German.
If you were born on or after January 1, 1975:
If your parents were married at the time of your birth you acquired German citizenship if at least one parent was German.
If your parents were not married at the time of your birth you acquired German citizenship if your mother was German; you did not acquire German citizenship if only your father was German. However: a person born out of wedlock on or after July 1, 1993 can acquire German citizenship if only the father is German and if the father acknowledges paternity.
-by birth in Germany
If you were born after December 31, 1999 to foreign parents in Germany.
One of the parents must have been a legal resident in Germany for at least eight years at the time of your birth.
In addition, at least one parent must have an unlimited residence permit ("unbefristete Aufenthaltserlaubnis") or a residence entitlement ("Aufenthaltsberechtigung") at the time of your birth
If you obtain another citizenship by birth, you have to give up one citizenship between ages 18 and 23.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
if you are born with dual citizenshp (one german parents and one non-german parent) then you can claim dual ONLY until you are 18, then you MUST choose one or the other.
And no being born in germany to non-german parents does NOT generally give you german citizenship under their laws. That includes the US military.
Actually they do allow it ONLY if the parents have lived in germany for 8 years BEFORE the child is born - but very few military people stay on one base for 8 years.
germany does NOT allow dual citizenship for adults.
germany DOES allow dual citizenship by naturalisation - you can apply to be a german citizen - BUT you must give up the other citizenships.
- 1 decade ago
Wrong! Check again on the website of the nearest German Embassy.No use asking here, especially in view of recent changes.
- ErdnusslöckchenLv 71 decade ago
do you still live in germany ?
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
Maybe You don't have sufficient proof?