Science fair ideas please?

My friend and I are doing science fair together and we can't decide on a topic. Our teacher is a pain and it is a huge part of our grade. We want to do something that is 8th grade level but not too complicated. We both play sports and I'm a violinist and a dancer. Any ideas???

Best Answer

The effects of music on athletes and why

you could give half the people on your team ipods with music to pump them up, and the other half would not listen to music

or the effects of classical violin music on studying

or the effects of gasoline on fire

Its Called the works Bomb

You Will Need

-Foil

-2 Liter Bottle

-And Toilet Bowl cleaner called "the works"

DO NOT ATTEMPT IN PUBLIC!!!!!

WILL MAKE BIG BOOM!

DO NOT PRESENT AT SCHOOL JUST SHOW PROCESS!!!!

If you have a computer and a video camera video tape it in your back yard then put it on your computer to show at the science fair ::)

Foil-Ball up little peices into nickel size balls.Fill the bottle 1 forth of the way.Put into two liter

-MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CAP the bomb will explode in like 2 minutes but make sure you put the lid on quick after you put the works into the bottle...Shake it for 3 seconds hard then throw then run

This will not make fire or spark just a chemical reaction and a HUGE BOOM!

Source(s): I know from experience!

Heres one:

Try soaking a substance that dissolves (say, a Jolly rancher) in the same liquid at three different temperatures; as in sprite at 10 degrees C, 50 degrees C, and 90 degrees C

you could record the mass of the Jolly ranchers and see what temperature dissolves the JR fastest.

Just a suggestion.

make sure to use a balance, and select Three jolly ranchers of the same flavor with very similar mass.

I once did this in 8th garde. I found out what tye of insulation is the best. I used cardboard boxes and then I coated the inside with different types of insulation and put it outside to see which lost the most temperature.

Source(s): Myself

Monitor the weather and make a graph showing the temperature and humidity comparisons. Easy, all you need is a graph and a news paper every day.

Invent a see through clear food storage container that turns a different color when the food is going bad.

I heard that if you put a pop corn kernel in the middle of a circle of cell phones. then all the cell phones call someone in the circle all at the same time it will make the pop corn pop.!

Source(s): i dont know if its true..but it would be cool to find out

How about something involving the weird subject of balance?

Watch this video of how to balance a fork on a toothpick, you can show other weird things that balance and explain why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XlNsGQK8oo

Youtube thumbnail

Theres no trick to it, its just SCIENCE!

Test germ counts in bathrooms at your school and compare them to that of ones mouth, or something to that effect...

Mentos and coke...... Don't mix them or anything, just hand them out to the judges. Yum