Elizabeth asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Why isn't my cat growing?

I got a snow bengal/Siamese mix kitten about 4 months ago when he was 6 weeks old. I also have a Himalayan/Siamese mix that I have had for 14 years. I thought my new kitten (Frodo) would be huge considering the size of his paws, but he is actually very tiny compared to my older cat (Lola). He is almost 7 months old now and is still very small, skinny, and scrawny. He is perfectly healthy and I am curious as to why he is not getting any bigger. And he eats like a pig!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cats come in all sizes like humans. Some are naturally big boned, with long bodies. Others are the opposite. Some fill out and look athletic or plump. Others are skinny.

Also, and this almost certainly isn't the case for you as it's quite rare, there are dwarf cats. (I don't mean the dwarf cat breed.) I've only come across two in my entire life. They fill out, get more muscular, but don't grow in size much beyond the size of a 12 week old kitten.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Ok, things just don't not grow honey. You need to understand that you see your cat everyday so it seems like it has been the same size ever since you got it. Another reason would be that some cats are meant to stop growing at a certain point some cats might just be plain old small for their size. Don't worry about it, if you think that there is a slightest chance that there is something wrong with your cat (which I doubt) I would call the vet and give them a heads-up

Hope this helps!

Taylor M.

• 1 decade ago

of course it's growing. just because you don't see it actually multiplying in size doesn't mean it'll never get full sized. and besides, all cats grow at different rates and none are alike exactly. like snowflakes.

• mad cat disease !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.