How do you get rid of a Twilight Obsession?

I have read the first, and I am about to get the second, but in the meantime, I cannot stop thinking about it, I don't want it on my mind all the time, so what can I do? And please don't say its a good obsession, because its not.

Favorite Answer

first my sarcastic response: Very easily, lol. Just listen to all the people blab and blab about it and u'll get annoyed very quickly.

my helpful one: just go to wikipedia, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_(series) ) ,read what happens and then once u've satisfied ur curiosity, read another book to take ur mind of twilight. if ur not sure what book to read, just type in books in the yahoo answers search engine and many lists will pop out.

also, think about the guys at school. are real guys like edward? nope. because edward is just a fictional, kind of lame and corny character! i mean if a guy really behaved that way, wouldn't u get sick of him?

hope this helped and cheers.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was like that for a while.

I got a little less obsessed, but it didn't mean I loved the books any less, just that I thought about other things as well. I still read the books a lot, read Twilight fan fiction, check the Lex every day, watch the movie trailer a lot, etc.

1. Breaking your obsession is a good thing. My friends would get pissed 'cause I talked about it so much. Also, you'll be able to get into other things and enjoy them too.

One thing I would start to do is read other books. Some suggestions:

-Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling

-anything by Jane Austen (I would ESPECIALLY recommend Pride and Prejudice- amazing book)

-My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (possibly my favorite book ever- this book is AMAZING)

-the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien

- if you want to keep reading about vampires, check out Blue Bloods an d Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz (they're not nearly as good as Twilight, but it's entertaining)

-Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

-Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

-Romeo and Juliet and a Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

-if you're into less challenging books or bad "chick flick" books, try the Gossip Girl series by Cecily von Ziegesar (sorry, that's probably spelled wrong). It's not very well written but it's entertaining.

I could go on forever. Especially check out Pride and Prejudice, Romeo and Juliet, and Wuthering Heights, and a Midsummer Night's Dream because that is where Stephenie Meyer got some of her inspiration for Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Another thing you could do is write your own books. I recently wrote a novela and am currently writing another one. If you want to, do what I did and post it online. I post mine at fictionpress.com.

Another suggestion: concentrate on your school work. It sure helped me AND my grades boosted (not that they were poor before, but if you concentrate on school and NOT Twilight, they might improve and it'll distratc you).

Hope I helped. :]

I think allot of people are like this. When I first read Twilight, I found myself reading it all the time until I could get the next one and next one until I read all 4. It wasn't until then that I could get it out of my mind since it offers a conclusion and a wrap up of the story. After I was done I picked up the Sookie Stackhouse series and I am having the same dilemma but at least there's more of those to keep me going. I found myself listening to music that sounded like it belonged to the story and talking about it to friends. I think it goes to show you how good an author Ms. Meyer is that so many people are being affected by this book. Now, I can't wait for the movie.

Of course it's not a good obsession. Some girls I know had to go to counseling because they were in love with Edward. They're not even that well written and I hate all the characters.

Anyway, try thinking about something else. Or maybe, think about it so much that you get sick of it. Who knows? What do you think about? Edward -- think of another character in another book or movie. If you feel there are too many unsolved questions, keep reading. Ask around. I would advise you to finish the series, then quickly start on another series that would get Twilight off your mind or get you started on a new, GOOD obsession.

• Start reading a different book. Read a lot of books, you can obsess them all and still have more good books to read. I just love books, and that's what I usually do. I liked Twilight, but I didn't really obsess of it. And Obsession isn't a bad thing if it's about a book or something, because reading is very good for your brain.

How long has it been since you read the first book? i had this problem too. but it only lasted for about three or four days. if you want to get rid of it now, i find reading some other totally different book (like a Steven king or scary book) can do the job. Or study something...I didn't have to much of a problem i just put my thoughts to something different or read a scary book. But if you don't want this to keep happening, then stop reading the books.

Find a different obsession?

I haven't read Twilight, but when I was obsessed with Jane Austen, I read other books and found other stuff that I liked better.

Twilight doesn't sound that great to me anyay. Seems like it's one of those trendy adolescent books. Which is fine, I loved Harry Potter and all, I just think that there are better books out there, that should be able to get you over your obsession.

i know exactly how you feel. its not completely gone yet, i mean its still on my mind more than i wish it would be but its better then when i first read twilight. you just have to keep busy and get involved with something else. like focus on school a little more or work. i just tried to get out of the fantasy world as much as possible and got back to reality. okay not all the way back into reality

I know how you feel. I finished Eclipse like 4 weeks ago and I can't stop thinking about reading Breaking Dawn. I also have a problem with watching the movie trailer over and over again lol... pathetic I know, but I think a lot of people feel the same way... as far as what to do about it... lemme know when u find out :/

you cant it just gets worst from here on. Soon ur gonna b staying up till 3:45 in the morning reading n then ul go on photobucket and get a calage of Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn photos. Trust me this all happened to my friends and I.