What is wrong with America today?

On this site all I see is people trashing each other on their views about the presidential candidates. Another thing is how people are only for one party, Democrat or Republican. You can lean towards one way, but to be like one is right and one is wrong, in my opinion is just ignorant. I'm not for McCain or... show more On this site all I see is people trashing each other on their views about the presidential candidates.

Another thing is how people are only for one party, Democrat or Republican.

You can lean towards one way, but to be like one is right and one is wrong, in my opinion is just ignorant. I'm not for McCain or Obama.

I feel neither is the answer to our current problems, neither of them is stepping up and showing that they are a true leader.

But when I talk to Democrats or Republicans both are intent on saying that their presdential pick is going to be the next Messiah, the one to save America.

No one is perfect, and to say that either one of these candidates is just comes off as ridiculous to me.

I feel anyone can be right if they can support what they say with actual reasons, not just what the TV told them or what they read on barackobama.com or johnmccain.com, both of those sites are extremely slanted towards that particular person, as everyone says they know, but no ones seems to be actually doing any actual research.

When I want a question answered about one of these candidates issues, I look up at least 10-20 different sites, history on the issues, getting many different takes on the issue, and then I work on separating fact from ficition, something most people don't want to do anymore. They just take the TV, or the candidates word for it.

In my opinion, as I said earlier, neither one of these candidates are the answer to our problems.

As a 16 year old, half black, lower class american, who has been on welfare (I included that so people can't call me racist or say I have no idea what I'm talking about or I'm just rich and don't know any better, common stereotypes found to be associated with both parties) I feel Obama's tax plan, take from the rich and give to the poor is unfair, also socialized healthcare doesn't sound like a good idea from what I've read on the issue and history and other countries who have it in their society, I also feel like his past and lack of experience are something to question.

I feel like McCain isn't all he says he is, that Palin isn't the best choice for VP, that some of his plans aren't necessarily good for America, but in the end I would vote for him just because I find that he is the less of two evils.

I also feel like Welfare is a big issue that neither have really addressed, I think it needs to be reformed because it's not helping the majority of people, it's enslaving them in my opinion, and I'm sick of the people who are saying "It's for the greater good" Have you seen how it affects the children? Have you seen how it affects the people?

I'm not trying to say DON'T VOTE FOR OBAMA he is evil, I'm trying to say why have Americans just stopped caring enough to pay attention to anything. Like thinking that the media actually presents the facts and what they say is always true. Why have we just taken for granted our right to vote. Are right to think, are right to look up the issues and actually form opinions.

Basically my question is what are you views and why?

I want some discussion, not trashing or ignorant answers, as both candidates have been doing.

*And I know this is extremely long but I wanted to put my views out their and then hear yours. So sorry about that.

Update: Why don't you believe I'm a 16 year old? Because I have actual opinions, because I actually look things up, because my biggest concern is what happens to the world I'm in and not the next time I get to go to Hollister? I'm a 16 year old, I attend IB, I'm currently in all AP classes,... show more Why don't you believe I'm a 16 year old?

Because I have actual opinions, because I actually look things up, because my biggest concern is what happens to the world I'm in and not the next time I get to go to Hollister?

I'm a 16 year old, I attend IB, I'm currently in all AP classes, I'm working my ace off so I can get ahead in life.

Maybe I act a little too mature for the world I'm in. But a lot has happened in the world I live in that has made me question how it is run.

It's ridiculous that you can't believe I'm a 16 year old because I chose to believe in what I think is right and not what everyone else is doing. I'm not a follower, I wish more of America was like that.

I wish more of the teenagers were educated. And had actual opinions....