Itchy and Dry Peeling Skin Around My Vagina?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
How come every time i don't shave my vagina for awhile as soon as i do shave the skin aroun my vagina becomes very itchy, red, and dry to the point where it starts to peel? I notice ...show more
Best Answer
It sounds like razor burn. You're shaving some very sensitive skin down there.
There are some products available for this, but I've also found that A&D ointment or a product called "Bump Stopper" from the ethnic care section of walmart works.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (4)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Kc answered 6 years ago
    my guess would be the kind of moisturizer that you use, not to mention the cold weather tends to dry skin more and shaving probably just irritates it, I would take it up with an OBGYN, I bet it's nothing but best to get a real doctor to check it out. I know sounds like a lot of fun.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Iā™„Heath answered 6 years ago
    When you shave there, you are exfoliating the area. I would apply body lotion around there too keep it from peeling.

Good Luck!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • KelseyMichelle answered 6 years ago
    probably because you dont use shaving cream down there. don't use shaving cream though, none of us do. Use soap when shaving. It's probably jst dry skin.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Jay S answered 6 years ago
    Try eating more olive oil. Also, use an aloe gel to heal the skin before you shave.

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock