Seriously! ... Why Shouldn't Kickers Get credit for Yards when kicking Field Goals ...?

Don't get mad. Just answer the question. If a qb and a wide receiver both get credit for yards thrown and receiving why shouldn't the kicker get credit for yardage for successful field goals. It's 1rst and 10 at the 20. The qb throws a short pass for 5 yards to a receiver who runs for a td. They both get... show more Don't get mad. Just answer the question. If a qb and a wide receiver both get credit for yards thrown and receiving why shouldn't the kicker get credit for yardage for successful field goals.

It's 1rst and 10 at the 20. The qb throws a short pass for 5 yards to a receiver who runs for a td. They both get credit for 80 yards total. The qb only threw for a 5 yard pass but he gets 75 more yards because of the yards gained by the receiver.

A kicker nails a 57 yard field goal and he only gets credit for points.

What's the difference between throwing for a td (points and yardage), running for a td (points and yardage) as opposed to kicking a long field goal (points only)?

All scoring benefits the team as a whole but the kickers who often score more points in their careers than anyone don't get enough credit.

Talk to me. Try to be nice. Thanks!

Update: Thumbs up everyone!

East Coast Assassin : If it's stupid then what is the good reason. Thanks for your answer.

If a qb throws for a 70 yard bomb then fine give him 70 yards but on a 5 yarder I think it's kinda silly to give him credit for what the receiver did.
Update 2: North Dakota baseball player : We are talking pro football right?... Or are we? I'm not talking about points for the field goal. I'm talking about credit for yards for the successful field goal. Thanks for your answer.
Update 3: East Coast Assassin : That's not really the point.

Understand this.

Anyone can run the ball through the goalposts if they can get past the defense.

Not everyone can kick a field goal.

Kickers deserve more credit.
Update 4: Heather : It's not about the points. I'm talking about credit for yards for the distance in the kick just like qb's and receivers get for passing and receiving.