Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Do you keep your ketchup in the refrigerator?

• L
    Favorite Answer

Yes. You are supposed to, as it says on the bottle. Anything with a lot of sugar and perishables should be refrigerated.

• jehara

Ketchup &mustard should be refrigerated. Despite their acidic ingredients, neither condiment is sufficiently acidic to kill bacteria and microorganisms, including mold, that may be introduced to the containers after opening. Refrigeration does not kill bacteria and microorganisms either, but does slow the growth. Refrigerated, ketchup should keep for up to 6 months; mustard, 1 year.

You do not have to keep ketchup refrigerated, even though it says on the bottle. I think it's a matter of taste. Also ketchup will eventually ferment if you leave it out, but it takes awhile.

Yes, most you have too some you don't but I just like the taste of cold ketchup better.

Interesting question. I always have and never questioned it. If BBQ sauce is left out overnight, I throw it out, not knowing if I really have to.

However my husband just said that his parents never put the ketchup in the fridge, even after being opened.

My son is now saying, hmm because of the ingredients you probably don't have to.

in basic terms bigoting on whoses white or black in this question? what approximately different races? hmm? yet rather does it count what race the guy is on what they do with their ketchup? i dont think of in my view anybody race does something specific with it...i might think of that maximum with a recommendations regardless of race..if its opened they wold persist with packaging training that once it rather is opened they might refrigerate it for suitable flavor and lasting effects and unopend can stay on the shelf... i refuse to respond to the race question because of the fact its in basic terms fully stupid and offensive..yet as to the ketchup question it is going top in the refrigerator after commencing up....

Yes, well we do. I don't know if you have to because in stores.... the ketchups are not refrigerated... so it really depends. Also in restaurants.... so it really depends. In our house we refrigerate our ketchups.

Source(s): Personal

I hate ketchup so we don't have any in the house.

But my mom loves ketchup and never puts it in the fridge. It should still be good, but I'm not entirely sure.

you shouldn't, because after taking a cold bottle of ketchup from the refrigerator and consuming it will have sore throat.

Source(s): experienced it

Yup, hot ketchup is the worst