How best to wash expensive clothing (if possible with a washing machine and dryer?)?

I use to send my clothes to the laundrettee but want to wash them myself now. How best to wash expensive clothing (if possible with a washing machine and dryer and without having to hand wash?) Hand washing takes too much time and makes the clothes too wet and takes too long to dry out the sun.

Would washing in the washing machine spoil clothes in any way? Also would drying clothes spoil clothes in any way too? I've heard that dryer can shrink clothing because of temperature. Would it work if I were to spin dry in the washing machine as much and then put into the dryer but dry them but not fully then air dry later. Would that be the best way?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If your clothes are so expensive, you really should take the time and wash them by hand, that's what i do.... If you wanna dry them, use the "Air Dry" or "no Heat" Programm, but even the high spinning of the dryer can damage the clothes....

I usually wash them by hand, let them dry on their own and then iron them.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

i'm utilising IFB front Load device on the grounds that final 10 years and we've had no lawsuits. I easily have not even signed up AMC in final 7-8 years notwithstanding it in no way required provider. a actual workhorse. Now it somewhat is coming to end of existence and that i'm making plans to alter it likely with yet another IFB.

• 1 decade ago

Well yes your machine should have a delicate wash cycle

best results

1. delicate cycle

2. seperately

3. cold water.

4. delicate detergent

5. inside out

6. slow spin

7. fabric conditioner

then dry on an airer indoors out of the sun.

no need to spend lots of money at cleaners

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.