How best to wash expensive clothing (if possible with a washing machine and dryer?)?

I use to send my clothes to the laundrettee but want to wash them myself now. How best to wash expensive clothing (if possible with a washing machine and dryer and without having to hand wash?) Hand washing takes too much time and makes the clothes too wet and takes too long to dry out the sun. Would washing in... show more I use to send my clothes to the laundrettee but want to wash them myself now. How best to wash expensive clothing (if possible with a washing machine and dryer and without having to hand wash?) Hand washing takes too much time and makes the clothes too wet and takes too long to dry out the sun.

Would washing in the washing machine spoil clothes in any way? Also would drying clothes spoil clothes in any way too? I've heard that dryer can shrink clothing because of temperature. Would it work if I were to spin dry in the washing machine as much and then put into the dryer but dry them but not fully then air dry later. Would that be the best way?