Were can i buy gaffer tape?

I am looking for someplace (not online) to buy gaffer tape. I don't know if it would be at the craft store or the hardware store. I am using it to wrap a homemade hula hoop for traction, so if any one knows of a simillar but easier to find product I would be open to that too.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think i left some in the trunk of my car

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Where To Buy Gaffers Tape

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Were can i buy gaffer tape?

I am looking for someplace (not online) to buy gaffer tape. I don't know if it would be at the craft store or the hardware store. I am using it to wrap a homemade hula hoop for traction, so if any one knows of a simillar but easier to find product I would be open to that too.

Source(s): buy gaffer tape: https://biturl.im/YtbZ0
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try your local music store. I bought mine at Guitar Center but I know Sam Ash sells it as well. Any well-stocked music store will sell it. The sound man at a concert uses tons of it to secure all the cables.

You cannot use duct tape as a substitute; gaffer's tape is specifically designed to pull up easier and to leave no residue. At the end of the concert it all needs to be pulled up again and that's why they use gaffer's tape.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are two kinds of gaffa tape: one is actually 'cloth' tape. Cloth tape is not as strong as gaffa, but is infinitely cheaper. Most craft or construction stores stock cloth tape (usually under the name 'gaffa' tape). Industrial strength gaffa, stuff that's used in film or theatre, can be found by contacting your local lighting/sound/special effects hire/sales company: be warned though, it's expensive.

My guess is that cloth tape will work just as well for what you're using. Another idea is to contact your local circus troupe and see what they use for their hoops and see if they can suggest a cheap but effective product.

Source(s): Theatre techie... "Gaffa is like the force. There's a light side, a dark side, and it's used to keep the whole world together."
  • whoo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Would cloth hockey tape work? You can get that at any sport store.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.