Which is better Norton or Mcaffe?

Which anti-virus firewall do you think is better? This is because i don't know which one to buy.
Update: I have Norton 360, ok yes it does it's job (occasionly) i've recently gotten sevearal viruses, unless it wasen't up-to-date, im not sure but it couldn't get rid of these viruses. I had to use some free anti-virus software (search and destroy 1.6) to get rid of these viruses. The only reason i... show more I have Norton 360, ok yes it does it's job (occasionly) i've recently gotten sevearal viruses, unless it wasen't up-to-date, im not sure but it couldn't get rid of these viruses.

I had to use some free anti-virus software (search and destroy 1.6) to get rid of these viruses.

The only reason i prefer Norton 360 is because it stops me from going on bad sites :S

It's good for like tracking cookies,malware, and other stuff, seems to struggle against trojans :S

Could people say which one, what version the anti-virus is, E.G: Norton 360.

Then add why they would recommand it and why it is better and has it helped you in the past?

This is because Norton will be releasing a new Norton soon and mcaffe are releasing new software.