Clarissa! asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Quarantine Movie?????????????????

Is the movie "Quarantine' based on a true story? What is it about?

*PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE LINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM A SCAREDYCAT.

Favorite Answer

Quarantine is a remake of the Spanish film [REC], which isn't true to start with, so no, Quarantine is not real.

Quarantine follows Angela Vidal, a news reporter doing a special segment on fire fighters. When the fire fighters get called to a Los Angeles apartment, they are quarantined inside the building with a handful of zombies. There seems to be no way out, and only Angela's videotape will reveal the "truth" even though its just a movie.

I just saw Quarantine yesterday -- its a great movie, but if you are as scared as you say you are, then skip it, because it is SCARY!!

I saw Quarantine yesterday and I liked it. It's about a small news duo that is shadowing some firefighters for a simple story. When the firefighters go out for a call, they follow them but the night turns from routine to panic, paranoia, and outright FEAR!

Other than some drawn out whimpering from "Exorcism of Emily Rose" star Jennifer Carpenter, the movie was pretty good.

I'm also a Biology major, and the premise, although not based on a true story, is feasible in theory. It's actually quite scary if I dwell on it.

• the story that its based on actually happened, but it wasn't to the same extent (obviously). Some woman in LA did contract rabies from her dog, and dint get it checked up, so She started showing signs of aggression and they had to quarantine the building. Of course, nobody died, but still.

No its not, sometimes people say that to get more people interested in seeing the movie. Its a remake of a movie called [rec]

a remake of a spanish horror movie. it is like blair witch and clover field with zombies.

f***k ! what a good movie

Of course it's not based on a true story. IT'S A ZOMBIE FLICK. You ever seen a zombie before? Didn't think so.

its so boring, most of the movie is them waiting around doing nothing. Everyone was complain while leaving the theater. then there are scenes that i think where suppose to be suspenseful but the whole theater was laughing

no it was not based on a true story

OMG.. Another bad movie with a good preview lol.. this movie not only sucked! but was predictable... and the story line made no since! it was very "cliche" i wouldnt recommend ANYONE to PAY to see this movie!!!

sx