How can I change the way I think?

Hi, I have a small problem. I want to change. I have looked the same and worn the same thing since I was in 5th grade. I want a change, but I am so afraid of change. I have had my hair tied back in a ponytail every day since I was 11. I have worn big t-shirts and long shorts since I was a kid. But when I was a kid,... show more Hi, I have a small problem. I want to change. I have looked the same and worn the same thing since I was in 5th grade. I want a change, but I am so afraid of change. I have had my hair tied back in a ponytail every day since I was 11. I have worn big t-shirts and long shorts since I was a kid. But when I was a kid, I wore girlish things too. Now, if it's even semi-tight I freak out and never wear it. I have a presentation in a week where I need to dress up and I can't wait because then I can dress nice, like a girl, not a boy. In my pictures I look like a boy. Last year I was walking back from a meeting at my school and a group of kids asked each other, "is that a girl?" I am tired of looking like this. I want a change so bad, but I am really scared. I think I am scared that I will lose my reputation as a good student and the respect of my teachers and peers. I don't want to dress like a coquette, just a normal girl. I want to be able to wear t-shirts that don't look like potato sacks on me. I don't want to be afraid any more and I don't know how.It's not my my family making me feel guilty for wanting to change, my mom has always supported a change. Nor is it my religion, I grew up in a house where we chose our own religion. Please any advice would be the light of my life right now. By the way, I am 16 going on 17 in 3 months. Thanks so much for any and all advice.
7 answers 7