How Do I Fix Limited Network Access?

---READ THIS WHOLE THING IF YOU'RE GOING TO ANSWER--- So i just got a new PC, it didn't come with a Wireless Adapter so i went and bought one. When i plug in the adapter i can connect to my home wireless network but it says with limited access. At first i thought this may be because my router wasn't spec'd to... show more ---READ THIS WHOLE THING IF YOU'RE GOING TO ANSWER---

So i just got a new PC, it didn't come with a Wireless Adapter so i went and bought one. When i plug in the adapter i can connect to my home wireless network but it says with limited access. At first i thought this may be because my router wasn't spec'd to allow my new computers MAC address in but then i added the address into the allowed addresses the problem still occurred. After that i thought it was the adapter, so i plugged it into my laptop that had wireless adapter included and temporarily turned it off to try out the external adapter. even with my laptop, which can connect to the internet all the time has limited access when connecting to the internet via the adapter i got. so it can't be a problem with MAC address's involved nor is it my computer itself, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG!?
1 answer 1