Subaru question for owners!?

So im trying to decide between some cars on what to own as a track car. Mainly between a miata and a wrx for canyon weekend rides, and once a month track events. Since this is the WRX area, i had some indepth questions about owning a WRX. Thanks in advance for your answers =) - WRX is obviously a AWD car, now... show more So im trying to decide between some cars on what to own as a track car. Mainly between a miata and a wrx for canyon weekend rides, and once a month track events. Since this is the WRX area, i had some indepth questions about owning a WRX. Thanks in advance for your answers =)

- WRX is obviously a AWD car, now does switching the tires happen pretty often if you take the car out for weekend rides and once a month track events? Would you consider it an expensive part of owning a WRX?

- I'm not to familiar with AWD cars and what to do if the car starts to understeer into spinning out, or oversteer. From what i heard, countersteering is no recommended because it will really throw the WRX into a wall. What is your take on it?

- The WRX is good on sticking to the ground, but does it really keep glued down more then a RWD car?

- Do you really have to drop it at 4k-5k rpm to have a good launch? If so doesnt that hurt the trany really bad?

- How is the overall maintenance for the WRX? From a starters point of view, i see the AWD as an expensive car to maintain due to switching all four tires, and or the clutch or any other parts.

- Any pet peeves with the WRX?

Again. thanks for looking =)
4 answers 4