weight loss after having baby?

So I'm due to have my baby in November, and where I am from the climate will be a bit cold to take the baby out for walks, even if I bundled her up really good. I didn't gain much weight in pregnancy, it's all on the belly. My question is for the ladies that had their babies in the colder time of year, what exercises did you do to help tone your tummies? I'm going to be breast feeding so I hear that helps. I'm actually more concerned in loosing some of my weight that I had before I even got pregnant...is that even possible? Did anyone go to a gym a few times a week? If so did you find it hard with a new born and breast feeding?

Favorite Answer

I just gave birth 5 weeks ago and lost all of my pre pregnancy weight in the 1st wk which was 18lbs . As of now I'm actually 4lbs below and my weight is 125lbs . I'm telling you the breast feeding was what did it - I did not breast feed for the sole reason of losing weight though - it was to benefit my baby as well. I just had a C-section ( she was

breech ) and was able to start working out 2day . Of course clear with your Dr. before you start working out again which when I had a vaginal delivery 9 yrs ago I was training in 3weeks.

Ofcourse you can lose the extra weight prior to pregnancy :) Make sure you eat 5-6 small meals a day incorporating protein , good carbs, good fats , veggies and drink plenty of water . Please make sure you do not let your calories dip too low especially during breast feeding . When breast feeding you will burn 500 extra calories - pretty cool how our body works huh ? Plus do not go on a drastic low carb diet - you need the carbs to keep your stamina up .

Going to the gym and breast feeding not a big deal just like with anything you will have to schedule your time around your baby - who comes 1st :)

As far as exercising in the winter - theres plenty of exercises you can do at home if you have some small weights . Plus there are tons of videos out there :) .

As far as toning your abs I would get a exercise ball which will be better for your lower back and isolating your ab muscles - plus can be used with other exercises .

LOL I'm sorry this is so long - I'm a Personal Trainer and could go on and on this subject . If you would like you can email me at mittermaierl@yahoo.com and I can give you some exercises .

Congrats and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :)

Source(s): Certified Personal Trainer through ISSA Just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 09/05 at the age of 42 :) This is my 2nd pregnancy

Unless you have someone to watch the baby, I think the gym would be hard to go to. Sure, they have daycare there, but I doubt you would want to take your newborn or several month old baby there to expose him/her to all the germs at a gym..yuck haha. Anyway, you're really not supposed to work out until your 6 wk post checkup. If you didn't gain much weight (more than 25-30) then most of it will come off and you won't have much to lose. You will probably lose 15 lbs on your own by 2 weeks after you have the baby (after swelling goes down) due to having the baby out of you, and all the other stuff that goes along with it. I gained a lot with my first baby (almost 50 lbs!). I had all the extra weight lost in a year, and I never worked out (just occasional walks outside). I basically watched my calories during the week (tried to keep them below 1400 calories/day) and on the weekends I would just eat normal amounts and not over do it. I lost 2 lbs a week that way. After my second pregnancy, I joined weight watchers and lost all of it pretty quickly. I recommend weight watchers, it's really a great 'diet' but you're supposed to adapt to it for a lifetime of eating right. good luck, I know weight gain is the last think you'll really want to worry about after the baby comes, so just be disciplined after the baby comes and you should have no problem.

keep your meal balanced

place your stapler far enough away that you have to stand up to get it

eat 5 6 small meals a day instead of 3

drink 3 cups of green tea in 24 hours researchers say it can increase energy expenditure by 106 calories

think ahead to how youll eat and exercise on the weekends its easy to get too relaxed on saturdays and sundays but healthy living is a 7 day a week endeavor

• Ralph

let a great dane walk you for 13 minutes 5 mph

Try a cardio routine that engages multiple muscles simultaneously

identify the emotional triggers that lead you to seek unhealthy comfort food picture your goal weight the next time a trigger strikes to help you resist temptation