What's the difference between cross-training in different martial arts and being a mixed martial artist?

I don't mean a professional mixed martial artist. JUst a mixed martial artist by practice...I mean, learning different martial arts and "mixing" them. Like, if you do Muay Thai and cross train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Aikido, doesn't that make you a mixed martial artist because you "mixed" those three martial... show more I don't mean a professional mixed martial artist. JUst a mixed martial artist by practice...I mean, learning different martial arts and "mixing" them.

Like, if you do Muay Thai and cross train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Aikido, doesn't that make you a mixed martial artist because you "mixed" those three martial arts?

So, what's cross-training?
Update: But I do not switch these martial arts. I learned Aikido first, but this did not interfere or conflict with my Muay Thai and BJJ learning. It's not like I'm learning Karate and Muay Thai on the same time, in which, I cannot use one technique for the other martial arts. I mean, seriously, can you do Muay... show more But I do not switch these martial arts. I learned Aikido first, but this did not interfere or conflict with my Muay Thai and BJJ learning.

It's not like I'm learning Karate and Muay Thai on the same time, in which, I cannot use one technique for the other martial arts. I mean, seriously, can you do Muay Thai kicks and punches in a Karate match? And if you do take seriously Karate instead of Muay, you're gonna have to let go of those Muay techniques when you start doing Karate matches. You can still use the Muay techniques in a real fight, but unless you have excellent muscle memory, you will not be able to do those Muay techniques perfectly as you would if you continued Muay.

These martial arts I cross-train in compliment each other; Muay for the strikes and clinching, Aikido for the standing locks, and BJJ for the ground fighting. So they don't conflict.

So, question is, since I "mixed" these 3 martial arts, did I just cross train or can I consider this as an MMA in itself?