Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is George Bush the most un-informed Christian ever?

He keeps saying all this stuff like "I answer to a higher power" "God help us destroy our enemies", "Democracy can work anywhere" and all that stupid stuff.

"God help us destroy our enemies." First of all, if he knew anything about the bible, he would know this God person loves all, and would never intercede with reality to actually help America kill all the middle eastern people.

"I answer to a higher power". Yeah right. If God is really instructing Bush to do the things he's doing, then really, how good is God?

"Democracy can work anywhere." ... This is just plain dumb. He seems to forget that the whole system of heaven and hell in itself is not run by a democracy. ONE GUY, GOD, decides the fate of every being on this planet. The public does not vote on what happens here and there, God makes all the decisions, and if you disobey him, he will supposedly cast you into the lake of fire. If that isn't a totalitarianism dictatorship, I don't know what is.

Favorite Answer

I dont know that he is the "most" un-informed christian ever, and secondly Im not sure what you mean..."un-informed" about what exactly? If it is generally and in regards to how to behave socially in positive ways that benefit living things...well then I have to say that he is frighteningly uninformed.

my take is that he is totally self-interested...and he is an idiot. Truly...an idiot!!! there is no other description that is apt...oh, perhaps other than a very dangerous idiot

I agree with your comments referring to "democracy"...

imo, America is an hypocrisy. I applaud the introduction of the internet in the hope that American citizens will come face to face with the fact that the rest of the world doesnt think they are as great as they think they are and that it will cause them to reflect on their bullying and arrogant ways

there are too many other nations that have and are suffering because of American policy in foreign countries

what REALLY gets up my goat is that the christians think they are their 'gods' 'chosen people' and it is sickening how they can shrug off any responsibility for what goes on on this globe due to their greed and arrogance...

there is no god and if people faced up to that and dropped their ludicrous adherence to what can only be intelligently regarded as a load of fictitious garble then maybe we could clean up this planet and stop the madness of war that is increasingly rife around us all

Well you seem to either forget or you just don't quite understand that a man can be both a Christian and the leader of a country. They are different. Being a Christian means a man will make decisions based on character which is derived from his personal beliefs. Bush believes that all men have a basic right to live in freedom. I personally see nothing wrong with that. Once the USA was attacked that changed his entire focus. At that point all of us knew that freedom meant sacrifice. Just as it always has been demonstrated throughout the history of the world. That may include chasing your enemy all over the world just so you can keep the people who have put you in charge of their security, safe. I may not always agree with his decisions but I can't fault his intentions.

By the way, all of us, including you, will answer to a higher power. I don't care if you believe that or not, you will.

• nicko

I don't think that God would instruct George Bush to go kill all those innocent people. Actually I think that Bush probably said all that stuff linking himself to God because he wanted to 1) pretend that his decisions are right, as in they are ordained and blessed by God himself that kind of thing and 2) gain mass support from the Christians? I mean if you use the name of God, or any other religion, it'll definitely invoke a sort of nationalistic feeling in any person who has that ounce of belief in him. That's probably why he used the name of God in vain, for his personal selfish purposes. But yet again, we're mere humans so who are we to judge others?

And I agree with your last point that Christianity seemed like a totalitarian system. However might I point out to you that the believers in God are not compelled by Him in any way to follow Him. They all believed and followed him out of their own free will, and that is the tangible difference between a cruel authoritarian regime and one that base its principle on love.

He's a cliche Christian or a Christian on paper. You can't call yourself a Christian just to get what you want and not follow the "rules". I'm so surprised that more people don't see this! He called himself a Christian because he knew it would win him votes. I know a lot of people (including ones in my family) who voted for him only because he admitted to being Christian. What deceit!!

Haha, no, not even close. He's simply using his Christianity as a tool to get what he wants done.. which sounds a lot like sinning to me, but who am I to judge?

I have met some incredibly smart Christians in my life. Likewise, I have met some incredibly stupid ones too... much stupider than Bush. Christians don't have a monopoly on stupidity. It's a HUMAN thing.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt that Bush is a Christian. Of course, it's up to God to decide; we shouldn't judge people.

However, some of the things he says in this video (my source) trouble me. He says that "all roads lead to heaven" and "all religions worship the same god, just with different titles". Very troubling.

• Mike R

He only says things like "I answer to a higher power" when he is talking to a group that he believes to be religious. When he is being more honest he says what he really means like "I am the decider!"

lol, while it is seductive to agree with Bush being uninformed, I will (for reasons unclear), step to his defense and say that every Christian matures at their own rate. So if he is ill-informed today, he just may need to mature in the Lord.

BUT... whether or not his comments (all fantastically crass) are a result of being uninformed or un-saved is really a call for Jesus to make.

Not really. There are millions of similarly empty-headed bible-thumpers in the U.S. alone. He's merely the highest-profile ignorant Christian at the moment.

Well, the Bible states how people act in Gods name, that is what Bush has done.