Can you trust the McCain & Palin ticket after Alaskan legislative findings say Palin violated state ethics law?

TRUST

It seems to me that trust is an ultimate value that protects an orderly, civilized society from chaos and anarchy. If you can't trust your spouse, if you can't trust your public officials, if you can't trust your children, or your fellow worker, or your minister, or a candidate for president of the United States, what's left upon which to build a stable way of life?

- Dick Capen, Vice-Chairman, Knight-Ridder, Inc."

Report stings Palin over Troopergate flap

By MATT APUZZO, Associated Press Writer Sat Oct 11, 3:32 AM ET

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The politically charged investigation into Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is over, and its conclusions are stinging. But the fallout, if any, might not come until Election Day.

A legislative investigator found that Palin violated state ethics laws and abused her power by trying to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper.

It was also reported that Todd Palin was involved in the abuse of power because Sarah Palin gave Todd Palin free access to her Governor's Office and staff. Todd Palin made phone calls from Sarah's office about Palin's sister's ex-husband who was a State Trooper to try to get him fired.

Update:

"When power leads men toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses, for art establishes the basic human truths which must serve as the touchstone of our judgment." ...President John Fitzgerald Kennedy, a quotation from an address at Amherst College, October 26, 1963.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Palin was cleared. read the statement and get your facts straight.

• 1 decade ago

Trust is an important component (very important), but as had been said, the press sometimes lets you linger your feelings in the wrong direction.

Sarah Palin was pronounced as someone who abused her power and took advantage of her title. That has not much to do with the trust factor, but could lead you to believe that she could backstab very easily.

Todd Palin, with Sarah's encouragement, had access to her whole office, which is the office of the people, confidential information that is not privy, unless requested, to anyone other than Sarah & Staff

• 1 decade ago

I never trusted the McCain camp. Both candidates aren't (and maybe CAN'T) be 100% truthful, but McCain's camp has admitted -- heck, it's announced! -- that it does stuff that isn't in the public's best interest (making "values," whatever the heck they are, the issue, not issues; shifting focus from the economy onto personalities, claiming Obama wants to teach kids about sex and other blatant stuff that tries to take advantage of gullible people).

When you look at alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the things done in this campaign, and ask yourself which candidates' strategy and surrogates have made you feel the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE about what they are doing (not what they are proposing), I believe only those people who would never vote for a black man are the only ones who would say it's the Obama camp. Everyone else, without hesitation and across the board, would say McCain's actions during this campaign have made them feel the most uncomfortable.

• 1 decade ago

So let's see.... Palin as VP should let hubbie wander about the office.... maybe she and McCain will let him carry the button around just for fun because he wants to do it...... Duh.... she showed poor judgment, and her behavior was unethical.... per a bi-partisan commission's unanimous vote. The only thing that the commission did not agree upon was when to release the facts about her ethical violation. The Republicans wanted to release it after the election....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The only people they could find to say she did anything wrong were democrats. Lets see some independent non-partisan investigation prove wrongdoing, then you might have something.

• 1 decade ago

Republicans will try to downplay it but they know the impact that will have among uncommitted voters , abuse of power is the last thing we need.

• Evie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Re-print the whole story. She was in her right to fire the guy she did, but was found to abuse her power because she didn't control her husband. Give me a break, why should one spouse get in trouble for what the other does. I don't control my husband and he doesn't control me. Now they want to legislate us based on what out spouses do? If this was a democrat, would you feel the same way? If this was a democrat would you still say Trooper Wooten didn't deserve to be fired?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

after 54 years on this planet, I have learned not to trust anyone with an R after their name

• 1 decade ago

Read the entire report Owl, not the media bits.

There isn't even consensus on the panel. LOL

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes we can.

Never trust a Democrat , they Lie -Remember 2006

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.