help!omg very deep cut!?

i was messing with a penknife i found(i kno stupid) bt 1 f da blades went right into my thumb! its a very very deep slit and nobodys at home! its been bleedng 4 quiet a while now what will i do 2 make it stop!?! PLEEZ HELP!!

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think you should probably call someone for help or get yourself to a doctor. For a quick solution you could just tightly bandage it up and hope for the best.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First and foremost, apply a lot of pressure to it with a clean towel - if you have a plain white one use that. Second, elevate it above your heart. If you have an OJ, drink a glass of that to keep you from getting lightheaded. You may need stitches so I suggest you call someone who can get you to the ER or doc. If no one is there, call 911 they'll be more than happy to give you a ride.

• 1 decade ago

The first thing to do is to grab a small bandage or cloth and apply pressure to the wound and lift it so its above your heart. Its true blood finds it is harder to travel upwards. Apply this pressure for 10 mins. If the bleeding does not stop you will need to get help. Try a neighbour or make your way to the local a and e hospital.

Source(s): 15 years ambulance technician
  • Flicka
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

wrap a bandage around it and don´t undo it to have a look. Keep you hand up rather than down by your side and go to the hospital or a minor injuries clinic as you probably need it stitched. Can you call someone to take you?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Uh, well for the time being you need to get a damp rag. First, warm it with water and then squeeze it out till it's like, you know, damp. Then, squeeze it around your thumb, tight. It needs pressure.

Okay, then until someone gets home do that. If the blood is serious, however, call 9-1-1.

- Aero

• To make something stop bleeding, you have to stop moving so the blood can circulate more easily, whilst you're doing this hold a bandage or tissue over the cut but not to tight.

• 1 decade ago

u need get a towel and wrap it tight and apply pressure so the bleeding can stop then u need go hospital cause u might need stitches and the doctors can check that youve done no pernment damage to your thumb

• 1 decade ago

as its on your thumb you wont be able to get stitches or anything,

best thing i can recommend is wrapping it up in a cloth and applying pressure to it wrap some tape around the cloth to keep it in place,

you might also want to clean the cut before you wrap it up and apply detol or bedadine or someother healing agent.

the bleeding will eventually stop.

hope you get better soon

• 1 decade ago

Cuts to the hands or fingers bleed a ton. Don't worry about it, just wrap it up so you don't get blood everywhere. It probably won't stop bleeding for an hour or so.

• 1 decade ago

apply pressure to the wound

make your way to the doctor/hospital or call your parents if it's too far

wrap it in paper towels,bandages,tissues whatever you can find

stop the bleeding otherwise you're thumb will lose feeling

it hurts like a *****

Source(s): personal experience
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.